General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little extra power

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Legendary6301
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A little extra power

I posted this in the softails section and only got one response...I am hoping for some more options...figured I would put it here too...

I ride a 2004 Fatboy. Its a great bike. I have Harly mini-ape hangers on its, rubber diamond-plate 1.6" grips, rubber diamond-plate floor boards, rubber diamond-plate shifter pegs, rubber diamond-plate rear-brake, rubber diamond-plate passenger pegs, rubber, Kuryakyn Moustache Bar with rubber diamond-plate pegs, V&H Big Shot Exhaust & braided stainless steel cables. Its 2-tone Teal and Silver. My baby. Anyway, I was at a bike meet the past weekend and saw alot of cool bikes. A few customs and a Boss Hoss Trike(god that thing was huge). All these bikes had some power...you could just tell.

What I am looking to do right now is get a little more power without have to upgrade to the 95cubic inch motor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to increase the "GET UP AND GO" factor on my bike, that won't put too much of a strain on my wallet(I know HD stands for "Hundreds of Dollars" but my walet really needs a rest for a few months)? It is an FLSTF(carbed). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 06-07-2006, 05:35 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A little extra power

If you don;t already have a free flowing intake and exhaust that would help ~ espically a 2 into 1 exhaust.

A Mikuni HSR42 carb would also make a big difference in throttle response..... or you could bolt in a set of decent cams... sadly, the list goes on..... and on..... and on.....

Old 06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Legendary6301
Cruiser

Thanks...

I was thinking about a Kuryakyn Hypercharger. Anyone heard anything about that?

http://www.kuryakyn.com/category.asp...=Hyperchargers

Old 06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think the Hypercharger is one butt-ugly looking thing to hang on the engine. You obviously have the stock aircleaner? Do a Stage 1 aircleaner and download if it is FI, or maybe the Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner. Both very reasonable and will increase your oomph! You can add cams without going to a larger displacement as Phil mentioned earlier.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:18 PM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

I have heard from somepeople that have the hypercharger, that they can see and feel the differance. And by the way do you happen to like rubber diamond plate .......... I couldn`t really tell ! Hey, dude just kidding I like it too ! Have a good one .

Old 06-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Legendary6301
Cruiser

Mr. Wonderful...you really think it is ugly...I though it looked kinda cool with the butterfly valves and in all chrome...you can never have enough chrome...

millzog...haha...I do like the rubber diamond plated look.

I sent an e-mail to Kuryakyn...I'm wondering if I could do this myself? Any of you guys think I will need to rejet?

Thanks

Old 06-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

make sure if you get one....its "rubber diamond-plate" or it wont make the power you think it will j/k

Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Legendary6301
Cruiser

I'm gonna pay for the rubber-diamond plating aren't I? hahah

I'll have to post a pic....

thanks guys....

Old 06-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Legendary6301

Mr. Wonderful...you really think it is ugly...I though it looked kinda cool with the butterfly valves and in all chrome...you can never have enough chrome...

millzog...haha...I do like the rubber diamond plated look.

I sent an e-mail to Kuryakyn...I'm wondering if I could do this myself? Any of you guys think I will need to rejet?

Thanks
Yes, I do think those things are ugly.....in a George Jetson kind of ugly, or maybe a Flash Gordon kind of ugly.......it's just a little too toyish. You might have to rejet.......regardless. Even if you do a TASTEFUL modification like a K&N aircleaner (40 bucks).

Old 06-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Legendary6301

I'm gonna pay for the rubber-diamond plating aren't I? hahah

I'll have to post a pic....

thanks guys....

if you'd only said it once i'dve never picked up on it...i'm sure its gorgeous....do this for cheap power...buy a 20 dollar set of torque cones...put em in...get a K&N air setup, you can buy just the filter and drill holes in the bottom of your stock air cleaner for more air..get it dyno tuned with a PCIII or SERT....you'll make more power and spend less than a grand

Quick Reply: A little extra power