General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Boyz head service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:54 AM
blk06rk
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Boyz head service?

Has anybody used them? I've sent them 5 emails I'm wanting to have some work done and I had a few questions, Can't call them dueing working hours due to my work. Never no reply from them. Hope its reflective of their work[?]

Old 06-07-2006, 12:20 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Big Boyz head service?

I'm always kind of wary about vendors that won't return calls or emails. What happens when you give em your business and want to know the status or when to pick it up, what then?

Old 06-07-2006, 12:54 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's odd!

I called their shop phone number, in the evening, and got an answer the first try. Bean was more than happy to answer any/all of my questions even before I had decided to send him my heads and cylinders. He paid attention to what I wanted, made recommendations based on his experience and my goals, and even offered less expensive alternatives to some of the things I was look at.

I did send a set of heads for port/polish/cc/mill and a set of jugs to be bored. He turned them around a little quicker than he had projected and whan I received them thay looked great. I have used other machine shops in the past (much more expensive) and did not identifiy any issues or differences in quailty.

After getting it built and tuned, I am TOTALLY satisfied with the work he did. It is exactly as he said it would be. CHeck my dyno sheet in the Bagger Dyno thread ~ it sayes it all better than I can!

I'd use him again in a heartbeat!

Try calling them in the evening at the "shop" number.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:07 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of businesses, even those with well done websites, don't frequently check their emails. Particularly if the shop guys also have to answer the phones. Good or bad, many are that way but it's not necessarily indicative of their level of customer service. Just give them a call. Better that way anyway.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:47 PM
blk06rk
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, Sounds like you ask alot of the same questions I tried to. I use a computer all day long at work so email is not problem, I try call in after work and maybe I can catch sombody there. I;d really to talk with them because I like what I read on their site.