General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idea for a tank shifter and protection

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Old Bones
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't carry a club to a gun fight.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:53 AM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=murd;5508071]Wow, do you live in such a violent environment that you need to carry weapons?

Because we can. Thank you second amendment!

Old 08-30-2009, 02:47 PM
mpmillion
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this thread really took off!!

Wow...this thread took off. No I was just thinking of other things to do besides the CCW or the boot knives and belt buckle knives. Yeah the ASP is probably illegal in most places but I just think it would make a sweet tank/jockey shifter and a little extra personal HP "just in case" the **** really hits the fan for someone. I live in a pretty decent place being in the Army. No real problems....and honestly don't expect any. Most people see a bike and think..."dont mess with the owner of that bike"....only to see me walk up to the bike and probably say..."**** we coulda had his helmet/gloves with no prob" which I think is kinda funny. Yes I have my CCW.....(springfield 1911 .45) but one thing I learned in 26 months in Iraq is that you always need more than one weapon...at least some type of back up piece...i.e. boot knife, belt buckle knife, asp on the tank shift, or hell even just a roll of quarters in your fist. I knew a guy that used a piece of rope wrapped around his fist. He tied knots in it so that the knots fit in between his knuckles....nothing like brass knuckles but not really illegal...not a huge rope and the knots were not huge but I promise you that if he ever hit someone like that they would definitly feel it. I digress.....
Anyway...just thinkin outside the box. And yes....that does get me in trouble sometimes!!
For everyone that is strapped...please have a back up for it...the worst thing in the world is hearing a click when you pull the trigger instead of the boom that you need.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by murd
Wow, do you live in such a violent environment that you need to carry weapons?
Jeez, I just ride and counter when a stupid cager that pulls in front of me. I'm not going to throw a grenade at them. Chill for goodness sake.
I look at it kind of the same way I do about money..... Far better to "have it not need it than to need it and not have it".

Old 08-30-2009, 03:05 PM
mpmillion
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murd
Wow, do you live in such a violent environment that you need to carry weapons?
Jeez, I just ride and counter when a stupid cager that pulls in front of me. I'm not going to throw a grenade at them. Chill for goodness sake.
No no...i'm not talkin bout cagers...I'm talkin bout (God Forbid), some meth head decides to rob the guy on the nice harley, some nut job that gets his rocks off killin people decides to target YOU for no reason, or if you don't like shooting dogs and a crazy *** pitbull or doberman is after you the club could be handy. You never know....that is my point....
Also just thinkin of different things.
But....I do work as an instructor on the Grenade Range....probably could get some of those LMAO.....just kidding