General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.As and Outlaws

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 03:44 PM
NiteTrain05
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: H.As and Outlaws

ORIGINAL: Mr. Incognito

Sort of on topic has anyone read a book called "Under and Alone" by William Queen? its a true story about an ATF agent who infiltrates the Mongul Gang.
Yup, excellent book. He does a lot of humanizing, starts makin you forget that he's really surounded by bad guys. I recently read Sonny Bargers fiction novel "Dead in 5 heart beats" First book I ever read where you finish it and realize that the "hero" of the story is a cold blooded murderer, evry bit as sinister as the "bad guys" in the story.
Chuck

Old 06-07-2006, 03:55 PM
dadofsix
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone heard anything about trouble brewing at a Virginia rally this weekend? A LEO friend told me about the alert but couldn't remember which rally it was for. My little girl is working the "Rally in the Valley" in Staunton and this daddy needs to know whether to be there to keep her safe.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:18 PM
QT Hush
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mr. Incognito

Sort of on topic has anyone read a book called "Under and Alone" by William Queen? its a true story about an ATF agent who infiltrates the Mongul Gang.
I read it. Strange tale. Good read, though.
Another good one is, "Three Can Keep a secret if Two Are Dead". It was written by an ex Angel, and I don't remember his name. Look for it and give it a try.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Most of us don't tend to interact with 1% clubs. When I do come up on a 1%er at a rally or swap meet, I give and accept the respect due another biker, no more no less. But I don't put my nose in their business and they don't mess in mine. Common courtesy and respect will carry you far in life, at least that's what my grandma told me. She hasn't missed the mark very far. Most folks generally treat you as you treat them.

Ride safe

Bubba

Old 06-07-2006, 04:46 PM
chappy
Road Warrior

It's not so much you join as it is that you get drafted.
But,
Homey don't play that game!

chappy

Old 06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Bull Shoals
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Venture; I hate to tell you this, But Black is the fast color....
Sorry, hope I did'nt ruin your day.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I got back from Desert Storm, the Welcome Home was huge, I had at least 100 Harleys following my ride home. When I got there I was surrounded by a bunch of people and it was great. Later that day, due to my other family members, I was handed a card that said, "Welcome to the ******** Family" I thought, what?!?!? Then I got scared. But as time went by I noticed I never had another meeting with them. Really Weird.

Last edited by Yellotang; 03-30-2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Legal reasons
Old 06-07-2006, 05:31 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

ORIGINAL: Yellotang

Hmmmm...... So that means if you are not a 1% you'd be considered a 99%? I wonder if they make patches for that.
I'm a percenter!

Old 06-07-2006, 05:44 PM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had friends that were in clubs. One guy in the army was an old H.A. He was in the army because that was during the time when it was "You can go in the military, or go to jail". He was a good soldier and a good NCO. He taught me a lot about riding and wrenching on my old bike. I also had a lot of friends in the Wingmen, around Fayetteville, NC , Columbus, GA, and Opelika, AL. All were/are good friends and I wouldn't give up knowing them for anything. It wasn't the lifestyle that I wanted to pursue, and all of them understood it. I was asked to be a prospect on two occasions and turned both down, and wasn't treated any differently for it by any of them. Even though there may have been shady dealings going on, I was never asked to take part and it was never done in front of me. I also never asked about there business or tried to tag along on their club functions. We just rode together and socialized. I like to think it was mutual respect and a mutual enjoyment we got from riding.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dadofsix

Has anyone heard anything about trouble brewing at a Virginia rally this weekend? A LEO friend told me about the alert but couldn't remember which rally it was for. My little girl is working the "Rally in the Valley" in Staunton and this daddy needs to know whether to be there to keep her safe.
Waugh Harley-Davidson is having their big annual "to do" on June 17th (I think). They are located in Orange, Va. and draw a big crowd each year. Maybe that's the event rumored to possibly draw some problem children. I'm not aware of any other event until the state HOG rally in Lynchburg beginning on the 23rd.

Quick Reply: H.As and Outlaws