General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has removed there frame Vin sticker

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Livnoutdoorsxd9
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that if they didn't want them removed, they wouldn't come off quite so easily and cleanly.

-Livn

Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 PM
HOGBOY57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stickers and reflectors all off. nice and clean.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 AM
FLYING
Club Member

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
Do we get the rest of the story? It didn't get impounded because of a missing sticker.

Yes it did ! This happened in the early 90's when I was out of town and attending a memorial along with a couple of hundred others.The cop walked around looked at all the bikes,took plate numbers down,funneled everyone he wanted to mess with off to one side and I was one of the ones.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:17 PM
OceanTwo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FLYING
Yes it did ! This happened in the early 90's when I was out of town and attending a memorial along with a couple of hundred others.The cop walked around looked at all the bikes,took plate numbers down,funneled everyone he wanted to mess with off to one side and I was one of the ones.
In which case, there should be a court docket in existence with the specific law broken to cause the vehicle to be impounded. Were you cited? Was the vehicle impounded for probable cause (suspected stolen vehicle) and then released? Were you found guilty of anything?

Since you are being very specific about a pertinent incident it would be useful to present us with a few facts surrounding the incident.

I suspect the cop was having a bad hair day and was looking to exersize his authority. A missing sticker may indicate a stolen vehicle (since the majority of vehicles do not have missing stickers - it's an unusual thing) or was unable to verify your insurance VIN against the vehicle VIN. Knowing where the VIN number is on the frame is probably a good idea.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

This cat has for sure!!!

Old 03-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Kenny94945
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 321 Posts

As an idea, cover the VIN sticker with a black or chrome overlay

Old 03-03-2010, 06:35 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGBOY57
stickers and reflectors all off. nice and clean.
________ Yep , that was my first Mod

Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 AM
FLYING
Club Member

Originally Posted by OceanTwo
In which case, there should be a court docket in existence with the specific law broken to cause the vehicle to be impounded. Were you cited? Was the vehicle impounded for probable cause (suspected stolen vehicle) and then released? Were you found guilty of anything?

Since you are being very specific about a pertinent incident it would be useful to present us with a few facts surrounding the incident.

I suspect the cop was having a bad hair day and was looking to exersize his authority. A missing sticker may indicate a stolen vehicle (since the majority of vehicles do not have missing stickers - it's an unusual thing) or was unable to verify your insurance VIN against the vehicle VIN. Knowing where the VIN number is on the frame is probably a good idea.

Okay some more of this,if you do not think that authority could be mis used and later covered up you probably have not been on the job long enough! There was a lot of mis-use back then and there still are depts all over that still do.You will all say it does not happen but it still does as we do not live in a perfect world,I like it but it is not perfect!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

never really thought of it, but you can't see mine either:

it's under the neck cover

Old 03-04-2010, 11:42 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Who cares about the vin sticker? It is required by law in OH so why give them an excuse to give you an annoyance ticket. Plus when you sell the bike a new owner will want to see it there with the date of manufacture.

Quick Reply: Who has removed there frame Vin sticker