General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has removed there frame Vin sticker

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine must have blown off. I went to read it to, you know, brush up on the wealth of information that is contained there, and it was &#^$@$^ gone! I am despondent.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:11 PM
AR-15 DEUCE
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok Ok....I put it back on...WOW there are some uptight guys on my tread...gee I was just seeing who else...intresting...IMO it looks nice and clean without..carry-on

Old 08-25-2009, 12:54 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,376 Likes on 954 Posts
Cool

Back in the day Harley Davidson did not even stamp any ser.# on the frame. The serial number was on the engine case. Only. Numbers on the frame is a modern day new fangled thing. Real Harleys ain't got no numbers on the frame.
That being said. I am leaving ALL stickers on my 2007 Ultra. Cause I like it stock like it came. I even turned my air cleaner cover upside down. To keep the sticker but not have to see it. Now people tell me "Hey, your air cleaner cover is on upside down."
To each thier own.
I guess I could be called a thread hi -jacker cause I did not remove my frame VIN sticker.

Last edited by OLD 96; 08-25-2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:50 AM
safinsd
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the best way to remove the frame stickers without scratching the paint? The last things stuck to my bike that I took off were the reflectors and they were gawdawful to get off. Heat, googone, they just made the adhesive into a tarlike sludge. On other makes the stickers just peel off if you go slow. The sticker on my HD frame looks more stubborn, and it's been on there since 08.

Tips?

Last edited by safinsd; 03-02-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Grrrl
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragan
Believe it or not, they take that stuff seriously up here in the great frozen north (AKA Canada). They can deny you registration and plates if they're not in place. Lotsa guys do it, but there is a risk when it comes time to renew plates or sell
I am not touching mine, but when does renewing plates matter for this? I have never been asked if the sticker is still on there, and when I bought my new bike, the previous owner was not asked during the transfer of ownership.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:59 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZ Rider
Me too. ook the VIN sticker off. The VIN is stamped on the frame so the sticker is not required.

It's not against the law to take the tag off a mattress. It's against the law for anyone but the CONSUMER to take off the tag. Says so right on the tag.
I'm not consuming a mattress no matter what the reason!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:03 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by AR-15 DEUCE
Just seeing who else has taken these ugly things off too,My Vin is stamped in the frame who needs the sticker...It looks sssoooo much better..
All stickers on my bike are gone. You think they'll deport me?

Last edited by frenchbiker; 03-02-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Vin sticker is the only sticker left on my bike hidden behind the lowers !!!

Old 03-02-2010, 12:20 PM
FLYING
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wait until you have to spend thousands with an atty to get your bike back from impound because of no VIN Sticker on the frame.It does happen,I know from experiance and now I would not by one without it!

Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYING
Just wait until you have to spend thousands with an atty to get your bike back from impound because of no VIN Sticker on the frame.It does happen,I know from experiance and now I would not by one without it!
Do we get the rest of the story? It didn't get impounded because of a missing sticker.

Quick Reply: Who has removed there frame Vin sticker