General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost key

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 PM
nighttraingirl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know this kind of makes me wonder about something... lots of people get cars and bikes with only one key and or fob, and no owners manual...... WTF do people do with these things... Sell them on ebay is only an option in the past ten years, max... and does not count with keys, nor most fobs.
My truck is a 2000 and I still have both original key fobs (and GOD looking for wood to knock on, they both still have the original batteries.) I think I have used the extra fob twice. I still have all the original and extra key and fob to my 04 Harley, and have never used the extras. But I KNOW where they are.
Is this like a missing socks type thing?
I always thought it was sort of care type thing... when you are looking to figure out how someone took care of a used vehicle you are buying, if they can hand you the original manual and two sets of keys, at least they had the sense to keep track of their ****.
I guess it's a lot to ask cause some people can't even keep track of their kids.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:44 PM
section8joe
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The bike is not stolen! Plain and simple I lost the key. My screen name came from a Skatepark that I used to own. I pretty much use the same screen name for every forum I use. I couldn't call the dealer last night because they were all closed. I did call today and they need my title and ID in order to cut me a new key... No problem, I have both!! Sucks that I will have to wait for 2 weeks in order to get my key!