General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to get custom ear plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:22 AM
gobucks
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to get custom ear plugs

after reading several threads on the benefits... decided i want to go custom. foam is ok, but have heard you can the hear stereo even better with true custom. Made up my mind to get them, now for those who have custom, where to get them, and can you still here your music??? thanks in advance...

Old 08-20-2009, 08:33 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Any rally usually has them. Also they have a booth at the Cycle World Int'l motorcycle show.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:19 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

just do a google search for custom ear plugs <your home town> . Many hearing aid places can make them for you. Definitely worth the $$$ - I paid about $40 for a pair that was made from an injectable foam. What's nice is that they don't work their way out like most other earplugs. I hate having to stop, remove my helmet, reinsert every 45 min or so....

Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just as an aside, if I recall correctly, someone posted here in the past that Walmart in the pharmacy section has an inexpensive custom kit where you essentially wind up with ear plugs which conform to your canal. I'm sure they don't last as long as a truly custom pair of plugs will, but for a short term fix or if you just didn't want to go to the expense, might be worth checking out. I've been meaning to do that myself for a while now.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 AM
sagalong
Advanced

I got mine made at a local hearing and speech center. They have a rated db filter that you can replace with a different valued pair to adjust the sound level your ear receives. I have been told musicians wear them. My buddy has a pair that have speakers in them.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:03 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/

Lots of links here to all different kinds of ear protection.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/

Lots of links here to all different kinds of ear protection.

G, I tried the Walmart route for 6 months & my local WM never had them in stock. The slot on the shelf was always empty & I don't think they have them on the website anymore. I got a pair at the MC show from BigEar. Waited about 45 minutes & walked out with them. They are easy to put in, stay put, are very comfortable & completely block out wind noise while still letting me hear my wife & the rumble of my pipes. 60 bucks. http://www.bigearinc.com/home/Default.aspx

Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Good to know. Thanks!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:11 AM
run2bfit
Advanced
Default check your local...

audiologist. They place a foam plug in your ear canal then create a mold. It takes a week or 2 to get them back. They are out of a material like silicone. Very comfortable and effective. They can make them solid or with filters. The filters allow you to change the amount of sound getting in. They are also a little more expensive. I love mine and use them alot (3 hours of lawn mowing each week, woodworking, shooting, etc.). $60-120.

Dave

Old 08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm lost, are you looking for Ear plugs? or ear Buds? plugs eliminate noise and ear buds are headphones that eliminate background noise?
either.... or, I still don't know where to get custom ones.
I bught my ear buds at walmart and I bought my ear plugs at the pharmacy

Quick Reply: where to get custom ear plugs