General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to get custom ear plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:05 PM
singlepin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine at Walmart sporting goods dept. for $14. You make them in about 5 minutes and they work great.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ah Sporting Goods is it? Dammit Golfblues, have you been looking in the pharmacy section???!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 08-20-2009, 01:12 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want real good ones.. get custom fitted ones . They are expensive but worth it in the long run. Any place that does fittings for hearing aids, can make a mold of your ear and order you custom plugs. You can even get them set up for DB (decibal levels) so you can still hear well, but only a certain db will be allowed through.

http://www.hearnet.com/at_risk/risk_at_risk.shtml

I don't have to worry about the loud volume music anymore, but when I did I used custom ear attenuators and they worked very well.

Last edited by ToastedGoat; 08-20-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

you can save a lot of money by using a coupla pieces of juicy-fruit.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:23 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknrod

There we go. I ordered a spare pair for me just in case & a pair for my wife. Thanks.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:27 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Ah Sporting Goods is it? Dammit Golfblues, have you been looking in the pharmacy section???!!!

G, I've looked in both & they are not there. There used to be a spot with a label for them in the sporting goods section but that's gone. They sent me to the pharmacy who sent me back to sporting goods I gave up but the link above looks like the same item. I'm in for a spare set & one for my SO too.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Canadian here, but I got mine from a hearing centre. www.protectyourhearing.ca They do a custom mold with or without speakers for your Ipod. I got the ones with speakers ( Personal Audio Monitor)

and I can hardly hear my Rineharts now (a good and bad thing). It was the wind noise that was really hurting my hearing. Now I can hear my music at low volumes and not have the wind and bike noise drowning it out. They stay in place and are very comfortable. Well worth the $300 I paid, and would recomend them to anyone that would like to protect their hearing and listen to tunes while on the bike.

Chop.

Last edited by ChopinRockwooD; 08-20-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Live2ride247
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried several of the "do-it-yourself" plugs, and even after following the directions to the letter, was not very impressed with their performance, and after a few months, they started to get hard and shrink a little, further diminishing their effectiveness.

The ones we use almost exclusively here in Iraq are from Surefire. They aren't custom, but they come in several sizes, and are amazingly comfortable. I have had to wear them for many hours (6+) without the need to remove them and rest my ears like foamies. They aren't very expensive, compared to professional customs, and last forever. I have had one pair for almost 18 months, and they still work great!

http://www.surefire.com/EarProProducts

Old 08-20-2009, 02:08 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got my custom earplugs at a local gun show, but as others have said, audiologists can make them or look on the internet.

Quick Reply: where to get custom ear plugs