General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane sentenced to 6 years in prison

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:01 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Billy Lane sentenced to 6 years in prison

http://www.mikeodom.name/2009/08/15/...dly-crash-case

So He gets Prison time.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:12 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to say that Billy Lane from the article really seems like a stand up guy. I think that he has been living a life of nothing bad will happen to me. It is a cruel lesson to learn and Gerald Morelock paid the ultimate price.

6 to 7 years with a life ban of driving priveledges is what i would have expected.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:36 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

IJMHO, Sending him to prison isn't going to solve any problems. Let him continue to do what he's really good at by building bikes, do community service (Lecturing in TV commercials, Magazines, Schools, and MADD Organizations) for the rest of his life with no driving priviledges, pay the Morelock Family 1 million dollars upfront then 10% of every his bike/residual sales and be a part of the Morelock Family for the rest of his life.

Thorey

Old 08-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,231 Likes on 7,382 Posts

I'm sure if it were me I would have got more jail time and would have already been serving it.

Justice is not always fair but it is final. He will do his time and hopefully set an example for others in the future that may save lives.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:47 AM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

they get less time for killing someone with a gun

Old 08-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

He was drunk and ran over someone and killed them, we are not talking about a dog or a cat but a person, so he gets what he gets, not enough imo but fair.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:33 AM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
IJMHO, Sending him to prison isn't going to solve any problems. Let him continue to do what he's really good at by building bikes, do community service (Lecturing in TV commercials, Magazines, Schools, and MADD Organizations) for the rest of his life with no driving priviledges, pay the Morelock Family 1 million dollars upfront then 10% of every his bike/residual sales and be a part of the Morelock Family for the rest of his life.

Thorey
He already paid off the family.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:38 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen a hell of a lot of people get on motorcycle drunk. Something I will never understand.

I've never driven drunk - was always the designated driver - too many friends killed themselves being drunk when I was young and I couldn't understand that then...still don't.

I won't ride with anyone that has been drinking, car, or motorcycle - just ups the odds of something crappy happening....

Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

+1

It's the driving drunk part that sucks.

It really doesn't matter whether you are a famous person, a completely anonymous person, worthwhile, or worthless...when you drive drunk you threaten everyone.

My kids, your kids, bikers, people's families, and innocents from anywhere.

Everyone is real sorry and apologetic after the accident, but the victims are still dead.

Driving drunk should hurt a lot more, and be a lot more publicized, than it is. Too often people look the other way, because its so common... "Who hasn't done it?"

Sad...

Old 08-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Phlsphyguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is it that a football player (Dante Stallworth) can be high and twice the limit on alcohol, kill a guy while driving and get 20 something days in prison and only a 1 year ban from the NFL and Billy lane gets 6 years? Oh! Wait, that is because he is an NFL player and Billy is a biker...

Quick Reply: Billy Lane sentenced to 6 years in prison