General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane sentenced to 6 years in prison

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:01 AM
ArkiKen
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Scotland you only have to do about 10 days per person you kill.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:20 AM
POPS87FXR
Tourer

He'll be out of prison in something less than 6 years, I guess. He also had his driving priviledges revoked for life. Gonna be tough for him to maintain his image when he's riding bitch.[/quote]

Well he will have six years experiance riding bitch when he gets out, preety boys like him have a tough time inside.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:22 AM
The Reverend D
Tourer

I agree the sentence was as fair as it can be... But why is Lane serving time for being drunk and riding, when Lora L. Hunt is getting a free ride for killing Anita Zaffke while painting her nails?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
09flhtc
Banned

Originally Posted by ArkiKen
In Scotland you only have to do about 10 days per person you kill.
are plane tickets cheap? cause there are a few people I'd like to take there, seriously...

Old 09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another thread where too many people are trying to elevate Gerald Morelock to sainthood...Lane was DRUNK...Morelock was DRUNK...NEITHER of them had any business being on the highway...Lane has no excuse for his behaviour and is responsible for his actions...Morelock was responsible for his own behaviour...it's a pitiful situation, but BOTH of them share the blame...

Old 09-08-2009, 09:05 PM
dstegjas
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Another thread where too many people are trying to elevate Gerald Morelock to sainthood...Lane was DRUNK...Morelock was DRUNK...NEITHER of them had any business being on the highway...Lane has no excuse for his behaviour and is responsible for his actions...Morelock was responsible for his own behaviour...it's a pitiful situation, but BOTH of them share the blame...
It doesn't get much clearer then that, well said.

Jim

Old 09-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Ahhh, but Morelock was in his own traffic lane and Billy was in the oncoming lane. No matter how you spin it, Billy Lane was drunk and killed another man.

What if Morlelock was drunk but walking on the sidewalk and Lane ran over him. Would it be Morelock's fault then too??

F-him. You do the crime, you do the time and 6 years is nothing for taking a life.

A lot of us here have been guilty of drinking and driving. If we ran over and killed someone do you think our sentence would only be 6 years??? I can tell you in my part of Florida they would pack us away a lot longer.

When he gets out in the 6 years, I guarantee I will pop off a smart *** comment every time I pass his vendor area in Daytona.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonesee
Ahhh, but Morelock was in his own traffic lane and Billy was in the oncoming lane. No matter how you spin it, Billy Lane was drunk and killed another man.

What if Morlelock was drunk but walking on the sidewalk and Lane ran over him. Would it be Morelock's fault then too??

F-him. You do the crime, you do the time and 6 years is nothing for taking a life.

A lot of us here have been guilty of drinking and driving. If we ran over and killed someone do you think our sentence would only be 6 years??? I can tell you in my part of Florida they would pack us away a lot longer.

When he gets out in the 6 years, I guarantee I will pop off a smart *** comment every time I pass his vendor area in Daytona.
Anything can be what if'd to extremes, Jonesee...Morelock WASN't walking along the sidwalk drunk, he was operating a motor vehicle drunk, the same as Lane...last time I checked, doing that was illegal, even if you WERE in your own traffic lane...if EITHER of them hadn't been guilty of the same criminal offense, we wouldn't be discussing this now...they BOTH fckd up...

Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Anything can be what if'd to extremes, Jonesee...Morelock WASN't walking along the sidwalk drunk, he was operating a motor vehicle drunk, the same as Lane...last time I checked, doing that was illegal, even if you WERE in your own traffic lane...if EITHER of them hadn't been guilty of the same criminal offense, we wouldn't be discussing this now...they BOTH fckd up...
LANE WAS IN MORELOCK's LANE...

Look at the court video. Even Lane said it was his fault. He already settled the civil suit out of court and paid the family.
He has admitted guilt in a criminal court without offering a defense, reservation, or excuses. He admitted guilt in a civil case without offering a defense, reservations or excuses.

are you Lane's little brother or something?

Last edited by Jonesee; 09-08-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:32 AM
EG Ultra Classic
Road Captain

Billy will be out in 2-3.
You'll never see him riding bitch. He will get a work permit allowing him only certain specific driving rights, such as 'to work and back'.
Just a too bad all around for everyone

Quick Reply: Billy Lane sentenced to 6 years in prison