Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Race Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 PM
PAStreetGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Shame you can't contact the new owner and let them have it or see if they wish to buy it since it is already mated to that bike.

Yeah I hear ya...I kept it cause I thought I'd be able to seel it...but I guess not

Old 08-25-2009, 04:35 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sure that somewhere there is someone that can change the code in the sert and allow it to mate to another bike but the question is where is this person.QUOTE=PAStreetGlide;5486878]Yeah I hear ya...I kept it cause I thought I'd be able to seel it...but I guess not[/QUOTE]

Old 08-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Anezangl
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Does anyone know anything about the "Accel" SLM? I just saw it in one of the bagger mags a few weeks ago. The website doesn't give a whole lot of info. I e-mailed with questions but have not heard anything yet. Is it a piggy back system or something completely different? Site says for older bikes it comes with 02 sensor etc. to be added to the pipes. Don't know much about this subject hence the questions..

Old 08-27-2009, 08:18 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,313 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by POPS87FXR
I have had to warranty/replace 50% of the ones I sold, in concept they are great, however in the real world they do not hold up physicaly in the environment of a motorcycle.
hmmm, and jamie at fuelmoto thinks enough of them that he doubles the factory warranty to 2 years.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by POPS87FXR
I have had to warranty/replace 50% of the ones I sold, in concept they are great, however in the real world they do not hold up physicaly in the environment of a motorcycle.

the only way I will sell one now is with the understanding if there are issues the customer has to warranty it themselves. Most of the time the manuf. will tell you (after you return it to them), it either was not installed correctly, it has water damage, or the board is cracked due to vibration, but however we will sell you a replacement for only 100.00 dollars.

I know ther are people that are jump up down happy with theirs, but I am just sharing the experiance my shop has had with them.

A few friends of mine have pulled theirs off due to not being able to get a good map on them.

My .02 worth.
I have been working with Dynojet tuning products since the early 90's and have been selling and servicing Power Commanders since the PC was introduced in the late 90's and have heard every story and theory on them, usually from a dealer or a someone selling a competitors product. Fuel Moto sells more Power Commanders than any other dealer in the country and we double the warranty. Here is some info we have seen with our experience: The actual failure rate that we have logged has been well below 1% and also 8.5 out of 10 PC units we get back for warranty either test good or have been sent in because of improper tuning, improper install or use which is blamed on a faulty PC unit. The PC is a very, very reliable product and is an excellent tuner as is the SERT, TTS, Thundermax, etc.. and as always we recommend using the tuning device that offers the best fit and support for you and your tuner

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com