General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I won a Sportster last night

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:11 AM
jv225
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So I won a Sportster last night

Yesterday was a miserable raining day all day. Me and my buddy and his wife decided to do a poker run anyway. I couldn't convince my wife that it would still be fun in the rain so she stayed home. Well we got to the place that was hosting at about 1:30 and not a single bike there but us We signed up and also bought 10 tickets each for 2 bucks a piece for a bike they were raffeling. So we did the poker run no bikes out at all in fact a lot of people were doing the run in cars [:@] Anyway we get back to the first place about 5:30 now there is 1 other bike there but the place is packed. I don't drink anymore so I was gonna head home but I decided to hang out until 7 when they did the bike drawing. By 7 the place was totally packed you could barely walk in there. I would say about 75% of the people were sporting Harley gear yet there was only about 7 bikes out front
So at 7 they bring out the cage with all the tickets for the drawing. There were thousands of tickets in there. They call the number I don't even bother to look at my stub I figure what are the odds? The guy looks around then calls my name. I'm thinking WTF is this a joke. I grab my tickets from my pocket as he's saying the number again. Holy sh*t that's my number right there on top I'm still thinking it's a joke because my buddy I was with is good friends with the owner. He comes over to me checks the ticket says yep your the winner anything you want to say to the crowd? I look around notice all the Harley gear and remember the lack of bikes outside and say yeah tell them riding in the rain pays off
I think people were pissed since this bar does this every year. He actually has the bike in an area framed up in the wall behing glass in the bar all year. He sells tickets through the whole year. This was the first time I've ever been there and only bought 10 tickets Anyway he takes me in the back and gets all my info and tells me he'll give me a couple days to think about if I want the bike or 6 grand cash. I tell him no need to wait I'm taking the bike So Monday he wants me to come up and get my picture taken with the bike for the paper. Then he will bring it to the dealer for prep since it's been sitting there for a year and I have to pay sales tax at the dealer.
The bike is a 06 1200 Custom Black Cherry / Black Pearl two tone.Pretty sweet looking ride. Now I just have to see if my wife will take the MSF course and ride it It was funny after the drawing atleast 20 people came upo to me to ask if I was the winner. As soon as I said yes every one of them asked how many tickets did you buy? When I said I bought 10 today about half just shook their head and walked away I would say that I made out ok $20 in tickets and tax will cost me about a grand. I don't think my wife will ride. I've been trying to talk her into getting her own bike for awhile but I don't think it's gonna happen. So if you want a sporty keep your eye on the classified section in a couple weeks.

Sorry for the long post but I've never won anything before
Jim

Old 06-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: So I won a Sportster last night

Sure sounds like a good deal to me, Congrats!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:23 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats, the Harley Gods where watching and got a good laugh at all the posers

Old 06-04-2006, 09:25 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's awesome...grats! See what happens when you stick to your guns and stay out of a cage

Old 06-04-2006, 09:28 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Friggin WONDERFUL. [sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 06-04-2006, 09:32 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

geno3j Date 6/4/2006 6:23:42 AM
Congrats, the Harley Gods where watching and got a good laugh at all the posers
I'm with you on this one Geno!

I may be interested in taking that Sporty off your hands. The wife has been wanting to ride for a few years now but the funding hasn't been present. Now we're both healing and we're both working so we've got a few extra bucks. I'll be watching for your "For Sale" post.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:46 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And I am still trying to just win a Poker Run!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:48 AM
streetglide#1
Road Captain

Name:  zzzzzzthumbsup.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  25.6 KB

Old 06-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's cool as heII, ridin in the rain musta been good for your karma.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:06 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations! I find it hilarious that the posers lost and the true biker won.

Quick Reply: So I won a Sportster last night