General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any opinions on Leatherworks bags?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:43 AM
rfhermo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any opinions on Leatherworks bags?

I bought my fork bag, leather jacket and chaps from Leatherup.com. Its good stuff I think the fork bag was around $15 and its heavy-duty. I'm going to get my saddlebags from them next. Great service and return policy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8602/5DD922F7A66245E7931B4444DDA6D4D2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-13-2006, 02:27 AM
Strutter
Advanced

Leatherworks is located in Stockton Ca. not far from me and when I took my bike their; they brought some sets out for me to see on the bike. When you go to their shop you can see that they hand tool their bags which is probably rare. The fit and finish is excellent and the price is resonable. Bottom line... You get what you pay for.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:25 AM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Just as a follow-up.

Bags came a few days ago and the are beautiful and very high quality. Mounted them today with the easy-brackets and love them. With the brackets they come off bike a couple of inches and seem like they will hold some weight. The basket weave looks good and compliment the seat on the deluxe well. Inside each bag there is a thin zippered bag which is perfect for hoding registration/insurance papers etc.

The straps are extra long and hole punced all the way for the buckles. this allows users to secure things to the tops of the bags on the ouitside for extra cargo.

Very happy with them. Pics mounted on the bag are here.

arthur

Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

I would get the bbreproduction saddle bags for your blue and white deluxe

photo

You can always sell your original bags on e-bay if you don't want to get what the dealer will exchange them for. Used bags like you have been going for $600 on e-bay.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:39 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: arthur

Just as a follow-up.

Bags came a few days ago and the are beautiful and very high quality. Mounted them today with the easy-brackets and love them. With the brackets they come off bike a couple of inches and seem like they will hold some weight. The basket weave looks good and compliment the seat on the deluxe well. Inside each bag there is a thin zippered bag which is perfect for hoding registration/insurance papers etc.

The straps are extra long and hole punced all the way for the buckles. this allows users to secure things to the tops of the bags on the ouitside for extra cargo.

Very happy with them. Pics mounted on the bag are here.

arthur

sounds and looks good....I should have mine in about a week. Thanks for the pic!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:40 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: atomic

I would get the bbreproduction saddle bags for your blue and white deluxe

photo

You can always sell your original bags on e-bay if you don't want to get what the dealer will exchange them for. Used bags like you have been going for $600 on e-bay.
Actually thought about these...but I have the touring pack and I wasn't keen on the match.