General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got caught in the rain, it felt good!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:47 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kk6pg
Come on Perch.
You love it and you know it
No, I really, REALLY don't. Honest!!

I have been caught in some horribly nasty downpours, and it quite simply SUC .... oh, can't say that word here can I?.... STINKS. Even a little "shower" just bites. Of course, my obviously negative feelings about rain also could have to do with the fact that until 2 weeks ago, we had more rainy days than not here in the cesspool that is New England. Thankfully the last couple weeks have actually been relatively dry. Except for the sudden, unexpected downpour Saturday where I was at a grand opening of a dealership and luckily was inside, but my helmet was outside, hanging upside down on my handlebars. WHY, WHY do I keep doing that??

Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Elginator
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Perch
..... Except for the sudden, unexpected downpour Saturday where I was at a grand opening of a dealership and luckily was inside, but my helmet was outside, hanging upside down on my handlebars. WHY, WHY do I keep doing that??
Now that's really funny!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got home riding in the rain. I love it actually. Specially now I've got bags and keep something to cover my face with me at all times. Two weeks ago I had to be at a wedding, I was half way there when it started raining. Rode with the storm for 700 kilometers (435 miles) wind, lightning, thunder, the whole nine yards. Fogging up is the worst part. Can't see **** sometimes.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:02 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got home at midnight tonight from long day at work and i had to ride in light and little bit heavy rain for few min for the 40 mile ride home and after being in that factory all day at about 100 plus and busting my ****. It felt dam good enjoying a cold beer now

Old 08-19-2009, 08:48 PM
rambobob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elginator
I was out near you on the F.A.S.T. Ride from Elmhurst to Morris and back. We broke off and headed back through Elburn. Stopped for lunch and the skys opened up. After that it was a steady rain and riding home in it really did feel good.

And my bike needed a bath anyway!
I think we ran into your ride on Grand ridge road. West of 47 , not sure. Ride safe!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Originally Posted by ackman1968
I like riding in the rain, don't know why but I do. Got caught in a down pour the day before Thanksgiving in 06 and by the time I got homeI was pouring water out of my boot smiling from ear to ear. Wife thought I was nuts.
I came home from work one night, on a day my wife warned me it was gonna rain. I came home in one of the better moods Ive been in a long time. She also looked at me like I lost my mind as I was pouring the water out of my boots grinning from ear to ear. Other than the sting of the hard rain, I felt absolutely in my element. Call me crazy, but I love to ride in the rain! What I dont love is the time I have to spend cleaning the bike on my day off.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:36 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by benwiggin2
Your weatherman must be a (d)ick Pig n blankwhatever

That is a proud, proud man.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:09 AM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master

Two weeks ago, 75 miles from Sturgis, on Interstate 90 heading East, I got caught in the rain, then rain and wind, then hail, rain and wind. I was wet, cold and couldn't see 15 feet in front or behind. Hail finally let up but the rain and wind lasted for another 300 miles. Just gotta love South Dakota in August.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 AM
captain m
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I don't mind the rain at all,even riding in thundershowers is great,trees bent over,lightning flashing,wind blowing brush down the road,beautiful !!! On the Fall Run one year a "friend" gave me an old HD one piece rainsuit......it HELD water pretty good !!!!!never tape the legs too tight!!!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 07:16 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

There's rain and then there's RAIN.
at least we have a choice...

Quick Reply: Got caught in the rain, it felt good!