General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG rules question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:44 PM
GBeck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdfat2001
HOG ??? Colors????, Might want to check with the Mothership (or the COC...LOLOLOL)
Hold on, I have to go buy another new sportster to renew my HOG membership! Hahahahahahahaha!

Old 08-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. That answers my question.
Marsh

Old 08-13-2009, 10:13 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

I think Hog Groups are silly.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its all about riding for me, if you find a good group of people that share their passion for motorcycles as the way you do
And their club fits your lifestyle then thats what its all about.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadbroke_bootleg
Its all about riding for me, if you find a good group of people that share their passion for motorcycles as the way you do
And their club fits your lifestyle then thats what its all about.
I agree but the limited exposure I have had to a few different groups has been the same. One older dorky looking and acting guy trying to be trail boss with a crap load of patches on the vest, just doesn't do it for me.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Dustball
Road Master

Bah, my HOG group is a great bunch; fun, charitable and responsible. We ride quite a bit and our HOG rides are always bi-directional (means both ways or there and back for those of you snickering).

As far as alcohol goes, nobody says anything about folks having a beer or two with their lunch or dinner. I haven't seen anyone drink more than that on a "club ride", but I strongly suspect some guidance would be delivered. I like my beer as much as anyone, but I don't condone getting half in the bag and jumpin' on the bike either.

If you're one of those that regularly do that sort of thing, then by all means avoid HOG chapters. They're not for you. You clearly have no regard for yourself or for those you ride with, and we certainly don't need you in HOG.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Default News bulletin!!

I'm startin my own group, that is of course if you can keep up! Im gonna wear a patch on my make believe vest that resembles the Hells Angels patch, and put Outlaws as my top rocker, and put "up yours" as my bottom rocker!

Just kidding! Seriously!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:36 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

HOG Chapters are what YOU make of them. There are different types of chapters out there so that anyone can find a group that they feel they fit in with.

We have one in this area, that does nothing bu day trips. Destination only type. Another does alot of weekenders, riding all day Friday, Saturday, and returning on Sunday, Yes, many have a no drinking policy, and most understand that its for EVERYONES Safety. I surely am not a tee-totaller, but I damned sure don't want anyone riding next to me after drinking. My personal safety is far too important to put up with that crap.

Once at a destination, or at the end of the "Planned" day on a longer trip, drinking is allowed, as we aren't getting back on the bikes as a group, and what you al does, is no ones concern but your own.

National HOG insures all chapter activities, with a few exceptions. One of those is drinking, If an accident happens, and it is rulled that drinking by a chapter member was a cause of it, then HOG insurance won't pay, and the volunteers that are chapter officers, can be held liable.

As one of those volunteers, I damn sure am not losing my house because someone can't do without a drink during the riding day. If you can't wait till the end of the day, or destination (whichever the case may be) then you definatly do not belong on a Chapter ride.

Riding should be fun, and as safe as we can possibly make it, for EVERYONE!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Phlsphyguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by hog95023
I agree but the limited exposure I have had to a few different groups has been the same. One older dorky looking and acting guy trying to be trail boss with a crap load of patches on the vest, just doesn't do it for me.
My GF (OL, SO, etc..) joined the local HOG chapter, as she rides and likes doing "group" things. I went to one meeting with her and, alas, it was one older looking dorky guy with patches all over his vest after another. So, after the meeting, I went on the ride. TOTAL CHAOS! A third of the group went as if they were riding crotch rockets and sped on down the road about 2 miles ahead of everyone else...then the next group tried to catch up forcing the group to blow past stop signs..then there was an accident between two bikes-one guy stopped at a stop sign and was rear ended by a guy who didn't want to stop. All the while the rear ride captains (why was almost every guy there a ride captain?) were screaming at eveyone as they rode next to and alongside the group in the opposing traffic lane-as if anyone could hear what they was saying.

That was enough for me...The one captain was badgering me about joining the "MC" as he put it-and he was the guy with the large HOG patch on his vest. He asked me as he killed a kitten with his bare hands...I suggested to her that she does not go on anymore rides with these people.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:46 AM
turtleman57
Road Captain

"but if you are wearing your colors"

What colors are you talking about? If it is HOG, please park the bike, get off, and buy a honda.

turtleman

Quick Reply: HOG rules question