General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC electric bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 04:32 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

That is not right. To quiet.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

How far between oil changes? Can I change the pipes right away,will it whine in 5th gear?..Think I will keep what I have

Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, tough crowd! I think it's very interesting. Would be great to use as a commuter, but that's about it. Wonder why they didn't put solar panels on it to help charge the battery? Would love to see the specs - actual top speed, range at highway speeds, range in traffic, weight etc. I think anything that gets more people into riding vehicles with 2 wheels (or 3) is a good thing. Woud love to see more bikes/trikes/scooters on the road. Anyone who thinks that this bike is a bad idea is a dinosaur. Personally, I love the technological aspects of this. Would I trade my wide glide for one? HELL NO! But wouldn't mind having an electric motorcycle to commute on... (if the price was right). Face it people, gas supplies will keep getting tighter and tighter, and no one has come up with a viable alternative yet. So the more we can get people to use electric vehicles, the more gas there will be for us. Just sayin....

Old 08-13-2009, 07:58 AM
thomaskray
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ron bayless
this whole "green thing" makes me sick.There is no global warming, another plot of our givernment to put every non green business out of business and them in control.
+1 but I think it's more of a marketing ploy by big business to sell more ****. People will buy anything if it's labeled "green" even if it really isn't.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:05 AM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bet that sucker sure is HEAVY!

Chop.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

say what you will about global warming....

technology like this is more about national security: needing less oil and using less oil.

This is obviously a proof-of-concept bike, not a production model.

But if someone can make a highway-capable electric motorcycle that has a 300 mile range and can recharge in 20 mins...that would be worth a closer look.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:21 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm very impressed. +1 for OCC on making this bike. I guess there not completly a crap company.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:15 AM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
I'm very impressed. +1 for OCC on making this bike. I guess there not completly a crap company.
I doubt they realy made the Bike, they probibly threw on the body panels, my guess is Disc. channel put up the money to get to show it off under the guise of OCC.
Terry

Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's interesting. 300 miles and a 20 min charge would definitely get my attention. I thought the bike had some nice lines to compliment the bulkyness. Why not throw a windmill blade on it and use the wind to generate the power for recharge? It would be so easy and effective.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Brooklyn Devil Dog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teutul says motorcycle riders who think bikes need to be loud to be manly and powerful should get over the false machismo.
Just who the f#ck does he think he's kidding! Bug his house & shop and let's hear what he REALLY thinks.

Quick Reply: OCC electric bike