General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you want a HOG discount while traveling to different dealers?
Yes
88.71%
No
11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Hog discounts when traveling?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Ogre3239
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyPT
I would love to see something more from my membership dollars other than a pin/patch and 6 mags/year. With a what is probably nearly a 100% mark-up on their products I don't think giving 10% discount for national membership loyalty is really too much to ask.
I agree 100%

Old 08-12-2009, 11:21 AM
trikerbabe
Novice

Originally Posted by PPBART
+1 -- that's been my experience as well. If there are some who do in fact give HOG discounts, that's info worth sharing here -- but if someone wants me to buy such a list, sounds like a scam.
I purchased one of these list. For someone to put the effort in to make a complete list of dealers names, addresses and phone numbers. and call every dealer to make sure, the price was well worth it. And because I travel alot, this will tell me where I can take my Harley incase of a breakdown and get the best price for repair and motorware.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:15 AM
mikezmiami
Advanced

It seems less common than it used to be. Last time I got a discount was for a souvenir t-shirt in the H-D storefront in Manhatten ...

Old 08-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Stixman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the dealer on Maui I got discounts on a Rental Fat Boy and apparel for being a national HOG member.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:36 AM
triked
Banned
Default hog list

Originally Posted by trikerbabe
I purchased one of these list. For someone to put the effort in to make a complete list of dealers names, addresses and phone numbers. and call every dealer to make sure, the price was well worth it. And because I travel alot, this will tell me where I can take my Harley incase of a breakdown and get the best price for repair and motorware.
Thanks for the information. I just received the purchased copy. It is great. I called a dealer in Clinton, IA to confirm discount. They give one to National hog members. I will stop on way to Des Moines, Ia.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 509 Likes on 347 Posts

I ask every time I shop ...some do some don't but it's free to ask!

Old 08-14-2009, 12:01 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They should publish that information in the HOG atlas they send out with all the dealers in it.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 PM
triked
Banned
Default hog discount

Originally Posted by CruzN
They should publish that information in the HOG atlas they send out with all the dealers in it.

I called into the HOG groupa awhile ago and they dont have a list. That is why It was good to find someone who has one.

Local discounts are up to each dealer.

Some give a discount to travelers and other dont. Some have different plans for the local hog members. the dealers decide their own plans.

Glad to get the list. It will more than pay for itself by going to clinton Iowa and purchasing motorclothes before going to des moines IA.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 AM
triked
Banned

Just got the updated 2010 hd discount dealers list. Some dealers are no longer in business. Economy has taken its toll and others are now giving a discount to active card holderswhen in the past they did not give discounts but only to the local hogs

Old 01-20-2010, 10:20 AM
SpoilSport
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woodstock Harley in Woodstock, IL. This dealer gives National Hog members 10% discount ... you do not have to belong to a Local Chapter to get this one.

Quick Reply: Hog discounts when traveling?