General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seat Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

+1 on the Corbin Dueltourer. Long days are easy on the azz! I'm a bigger guy if that makes a difference. Soft seat are definately not for me.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:07 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had 8-9 Corbins on my Harleys throughout the years. I'm one of the folks that love em. I've got three that fit my current ride. They make the best seat for long mileage in my opinion. They're leather, and they breath well, and while they are firm, they provide the best support you can get (in my opinion) for long distance riding. But like said earlier, I guess you either love em or hate em. I will say their customer service has gone south in the last year or two. Nothing like it once was. They still make a great product, but make sure it's what you want before you get it. Try riding someones bike that has one, or pull one off of someones bike and put it on yours. Good Luck. I will also say, I wouldn't be without one. EDIT: The other option is to buy one used off EBay, so you don't get pinched quite as hard. I've done that a couple of times with good results.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:08 PM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got that seat on my Fatboy and like it. I bet there is more comfortable ones out there. I have a Corbin on my Vmax as well so the back rest is interchangable and feels good (the back rest) but looks ok. Corbin support sucks. Seat fit like **** but I got it sorted no thanks to them - and there store is 2 miles from the house. Had to nip and re-drill the tab. He told me they were all the same and to prove it to me he pulled out 4 - 3 were slightly different lengths and different hole locations???? **** head. Seat still sights a bit high on the back. I guess it goes down with my fat *** but the fit could be better.

Here is a pix with the back rest on. Not too big a fan of the look but damm it feels nice.

Last edited by C O L E M A N F U; 08-10-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:18 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

No seat is the answer to ALL butts..... depends on what the problem is as each seat addresses different issues.
For ME... the Corbin seat was great... over 100,000 miles on the previous bike, wore the black plum off the seat. but... on the RG, the Corbin moved me too far rearward and down, I have to reach up, to hang on to the bike... yeah i know change bars, and then change everything else too.

Best description I've heard regarding good touring seats:
It felt "OK" nothing great, just OK, I was disappionted, but I went for a ride. Afte 100 miles, it still felt "ok" nothing great, after a 500 mile day, still just "OK"... then after an "Iron Butt" the seat was still just "OK", that's when it hit me.... the seat was ok.... wasn't killing me, wasn't anything hurting"

So if you expect to get on a seat, and go WOW.... probably won't happen. But if you want a seat that will not cripple you, they are out there. The description I relayed, was from a frind who does several "iron butts" each year, and his seat, is a Russell Day-Long"

Old 08-10-2009, 12:43 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought my Dual Touring Corbin on this Forum used, like new, with backrest for about $400. It is firm , and I've only put about 500 miles on it so far. Still waiting for it to get "comfy". Still, it's alot better than my horse saddle. That's hard!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:10 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 to my corbin classic solo with heat

Old 08-10-2009, 01:26 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my Corbin. They are firm, but really support me well. I'm a big guy, and I sometimes ride long days when I'm touring, 12 + hours, with stops just for gas and light snacks. On those long days, I use a sheepskin pad, and lycra shorts like the bike racers wear, underneath my jeans. That is the ultimate combination for me, and I find I can put in some long days with minimal discomfort. No other seat has worked so well for me.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:45 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,872 Likes on 9,333 Posts

I have about 5K miles on my Corbin solo with backrest. It's still breaking in I guess. I can do about 500 miles on it when things start getting painful.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:09 PM
diverider
Intermediate

I purchased the corbin classic solo seat this spring and have no complaints. Looks good and rides good. Don't let the firmness of the seat scare you. It's actually very comfortable compared to the stock seat.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Phlsphyguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
I have the Corbin Classic Solo with the rider backrest on my Road King Custom and I had a Corbin Dual Tourer on my Softail Custom. Corbin saddles are more firm than some other brands and I think that is what makes them better. They support you properly forever. If you just sit on a Corbin in a showroom you will probably think it is too firm but once you ride on it you will like it. There are exceptions like harleyflyboy but they are rare. Most people that say they are too firm have not owned one but just sat on one.

I highly recommend the Corbin seat. I also bought the passenger pillion for my Classic Solo and backrest. I think I paid over $900 for all three pieces. I later found out on this forum that I could have ordered them from Zanotti's for 20% off. I have had good experiences ordering parts from Zanotti's so I wish I had thought about going through them and saving close to $200. I recommend that you buy through them.

A lot of people, including Corbin, say the seat will break in in about 1K miles. I really have never noticed any difference on mine. But then, I liked them from the start.

If you will be taking a passenger at all, I recommend that you get the passenger pillion with your solo. For your bike you might also check out some of their other models. I always wanted the Gunfighter and Lady for my softail but I got such a good deal on the Dual Tour from Dennis Kirk at the time that I went with that and both my wife and I liked it. I rode all over the south, southwest, and Rocky mountain states on that Corbin. Many days were 10-12 hours in the saddle and I never had a problem with a sore butt.

If you plan on doing some serious touring a Corbin is the way to go, IMO. If you are just going to be riding around town then I would go with whichever style I liked best.

Good luck.
Is this Zanottis HD in Butler, PA?

Quick Reply: Corbin Seat Owners