General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raped by the Law

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
You broke the law, endangered yourself and others, but yet want us to feel pity for you? Had you witnesses a sport bike rider doing this, you'd probably be on here b!tching that they got away with it.
+ 100% There would be an entire thread about it...

C'mon, dude are you stretching it... he threw your card and your helmet on the street... threw it????

3 side to every story, the two of yours, and the truth...

Old 08-09-2009, 01:09 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well certainly we don't need another LEO bashing thread that will get locked eventually.

That said to make a concerted assessment beyond the obvious violations that were committed, we have only heard one side of the story, I would like to ask the OP, do/did the LEO have a video going while they do/did these stops for evidence in court in NYC, I know they do in TN.?

I agree there seems to be something missing here, that sounds like one extremely pissed off LEO for some reason beyond just getting a NYCFD card shown to him, again it's always two sides to story and the truth somewhere in between, let the courts decide and then post up what happened, or it would be nice to hear the LEO's side of the story, which I'm sure we'll never hear.

Either way if there's any bogus charges or misconduct on the officers part, I hope you get vindicated, if not, when you play with fire long enough you'll get burnt sooner or later and have to pay the piper.

Ride safe!!

Old 08-09-2009, 01:26 PM
tgshoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John TN
Well certainly we don't need another LEO bashing thread that will get locked eventually.
Originally Posted by John TN

That said to make a concerted assessment beyond the obvious violations that were committed, we have only heard one side of the story, I would like to ask the OP, do/did the LEO have a video going while they do/did these stops for evidence in court in NYC, I know they do in TN.?

I agree there seems to be something missing here, that sounds like one extremely pissed off LEO for some reason beyond just getting a NYCFD card shown to him, again it's always two sides to story and the truth somewhere in between, let the courts decide and then post up what happened, or it would be nice to hear the LEO's side of the story, which I'm sure we'll never hear.

Either way if there's any bogus charges or misconduct on the officers part, I hope you get vindicated, if not, when you play with fire long enough you'll get burnt sooner or later and have to pay the piper.

Ride safe!!
Why would this thread be locked simply because there are some who refuse to bury their head in the sand as to what is going on in this Nation? If that is the case then apparently I am on the wrong forum and "Harley riders" aren't the individual, freedom loving, go your own way group I thought we were. More suppresion of someone stating their opinion? Must be Obama supporters.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:29 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Jake the Fireman,

Everyone hear carrying your flag up the mountain advising you to "sue" and "take his job." Go for it. Good luck. But it appears that the "copper" that pulled you over, yeah the one that your cool guy id didn't impress, knows and knew the law at the time.

Go ahead and try and sue for damage to your German soldier novelty, non-DOT, bucket. It's gonna cost more for the attorney. Adding that he was "disrespectful, unprofessional, and rude to a Judge is only going to make the Officer to remind the Court of your unprofessional behavior by HINTING THE FACT YOU IDENTIFIED YOURSELF AS A FIREFIGHTER at the moment of contact. Here is how you might, might get out of a ticket, when pulled over.

You apologize, then apologize again, then try for some small talk. Then you will be asked what do you do for work. THAT IS WHEN you drop the "card." This goes for anyone here. Traffic tickets are city citations, they only generate revenue and raise insurance rates. Are you really a "criminal?" No. So that is why sometimes you can talk your way out of a ticket.

Look. Listen. Read. You need an attorney for those tickets
. You might, just might remove a few of those, "too cool for school riding techniques," you were cited for. It is your only chance at limiting the damage caused upon you, by you. An attorney is the only one that is going to give you sound advice.

Again good luck, I truly hope you get your ride back at a nominal fee. You situation sucks, but you did it to yourself.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Grumbler
Cruiser
Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Regardless of whether the LEO was having a craptastic day, they are expected
to have a detached, professional attitude when pulling over motorcyclists or
other vehicles.

However, if there's one thing that LEOs hate more than anything else, it's getting
an attitude from the stopped motorcyclist/motorist/trucker/hitchhiker. Showing a
FF card is tantamount to offering a bribe.

None of us were there, but we do get the impression that the OP has a tendency
to draw unwanted attention to himself based on the way he rides given that he
has been pulled over several times before that incident.

If a LEO gets an attitude from someone, chances are that they'll take it personally
and throw the book at you. I *think* the OP might have copped an 'tude. Dunno.

BTW, I used to lane-split in the Bay Area for years due to heavy congestion out on
the freeways during the workweek. Did my share of mirror-clinking with my clutch
and brake levers. It's definitely not for everyone. Try doing it during a rainstorm
to put it all in perspective.

However, it's illegal here in ID, and haven't done it since moving here in 2002.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:53 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Instead of giving him your fdny id card, maybe you should have slid him a c note instead. Sounds like he needed to up his quota and stopping you provided the lift. Personally, I'd take it to court along with the property that was damaged.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 PM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ahh, New York, New York....and Troopers they give Cops a bad name some times...
Buzz

Old 08-09-2009, 02:17 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by tgshoe
[B]
Why would this thread be locked simply because there are some who refuse to bury their head in the sand as to what is going on in this Nation? If that is the case then apparently I am on the wrong forum and "Harley riders" aren't the individual, freedom loving, go your own way group I thought we were. More suppresion of someone stating their opinion? Must be Obama supporters.

Terry (the site Administrator) has stated on many occasions that two things not allowed in the Forums are LEO 'bashing' and 1%'er 'bashing'...

Might sound a little blunt, but when it comes to what is or isn't allowed in the Forums it's their house and their rules.

The 'house rules' seems to work for the most part, and no one is forced to stay here if they don't agree with what is and isn't allowed..

[img]http://dogsdoom.com/PI/

Old 08-09-2009, 02:29 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Note to self: When riding in New York, tape box of doughnuts to top of dash....

Old 08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Border Cop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sue him and take it to court all you want, just be prepared to loose your job as well. I'm pretty sure your department along with mine and everyone else here who is LEO strictly prohibits the un-necessary displaying of credentials/ requesting preferential treatment/ etc. It just damn stupid to do so, even more so, if you are guilty. You deserve what you got. Professional courtesy is just that, RESPECTING THE LAW!!! and not putting your fellow officers/ff's in a bad situation were they have to decide whether to ignore the law or enforce it.

Quick Reply: Raped by the Law