General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Skull's" OLD THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Cognizant
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Skull's" OLD THREAD

Just wondering what the attraction is to the skull image? The more I become involved in the Harley scene; meeting other riders, visiting websites etc., I've noticed a lot of paint jobs, tatto's, decals, depicting the skull. I've always thought the skull represented death or the promise of death, so why is it such a popular image amoung Harley riders?

Old 05-30-2006, 12:10 PM
JamieCarr
Banned
Default RE: "Skull's"

I've got 3 skull tattoos, and my bike is done up with the skull inlays,/footboards/grips/derby/linkage,......what's cooler lookin than skulls on a Harley Davidson???????????

Old 05-30-2006, 12:12 PM
mrghos
Road Master

I have wondered the same thing at times. I was at a biker memorial day gathering and I think every darn bike I saw had a skull somewhere on it.

I would like someone to answer this also...

Old 05-30-2006, 12:15 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

Man,..I'm tellin you,...you gotta have skulls,..or flames,....or eagles,......it just goes with the territory.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Repoman
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 2006 night train the tank emblems has many little skulls in the background, I want to know what gives with the skulls too?

Old 05-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The skull motif has been around forever. The current thing kinda started with the "SS" and in '92 or so the skull imagery REALLY started in earnest. Then HD got on the bandwagon with all the accessories........skulls everywhere and on everything. Some over do it.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Headwolf
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask a guy with all flames why he likes flames.... He can't tell you. Ask a guy why he likes skulls.... he can't tell you. It is just one of those if you have to ask we can't tell you. You either know or you aren't one of those who do. It can't be put into words. Oh sure some psychologists type can refer to the skull and crossbones or Pirate life for me attraction or the vodoo or occult imagry. But is that it? I can say maybe for me, but it still doesn't hit it on the head. Who knows? It just appeals to you or it doesn't. All I know is I saw my bike on the floor at the dealers from a distance, Liked the black cherry and was looking for a dyna custom with a lot of chrome. Was drawn to it but when i saw it had the skull accesories up close it clinched the deal. I was hooked. Go figure. My feeble attempt to expalin the unexplainable

Old 05-30-2006, 12:42 PM
mrghos
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Seth

Man,..I'm tellin you,...you gotta have skulls,..or flames,....or eagles,......it just goes with the territory.

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,851 Likes on 805 Posts

Dunno. I've always liked them. I've always had a fascination with dark imagery and skulls fit right in. Hell, I have a Grim Reaper tattooed on my chest with the caption "No Escape", hehehehe...

Skulls ROCK!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-30-2006, 12:59 PM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser

I was going for a flame look, then bought this air cleaner that looks like a skull....thought it looked pretty unique and cool, now i got skulls painted all over my bike. Thank god I didn’t find an air cleaner that looked like a butterfly is all I’m saying!

Quick Reply: "Skull's" OLD THREAD