General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

San Antonio Bike Thief(s)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:04 PM
jody7734
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Antonio Bike Thief(s)

It's hard not to get negative in the world we live in.

Today at work some guys tried to steal my '09 FLHRC parked in the parking lot of a bank of all places. For those in SA it was at 281 & thousand Oaks, for those elsewhere this is hardly a bad side of town. Looks like they twisted the ignition lock with a pipe wrench or something, I go outside after a co-worker tells me that somebody was jacking with my bike and the lights are on and right turn signal is flashing. Kudos to the MoCo for the quality of the steering lock, the handlebars are totally destroyed bent in 4 different directions from them trying to snap the steering lock off but it held up so they couldnt ride away. Other than needing new bars and a new ignition switch the bike seems to be 100 % ok. Guy jumped off when my co worker yelled at him and got in an Escalade of all things. Co worker couldn't see the plates she was afraid they would come after her.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:13 PM
mes
Tourer

freaking scumbags.shame someone didn't get that plate #

Old 08-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you ask the bank manager about surveillance video outside?

In any event I'm glad the bike wasn't taken.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:23 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

just went through this sam BS today myself with my son's dirt bike. like primo said ask for the tape. get the cops involved. be persistant ( dam still cant spell)

Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Tackdriver
Cruiser

Too bad you didnt shoot him

Old 08-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

KUDOS to your fellow worker. Maybe a good ol' Texas T-bone dinner, is in order!!!
Hate to say it, BUT they were rookies. That's GOOD for you!!!!! IF you have never seen N E 1 make off with one (peeps that know what they are doing), then you're in for a rude awakening. If I remember right, it is less than 20 secs. on average.
The 'preferred' tool, a BIG set of Channel lock pliers.

I am guilty of LEAVING the keys in my scoot, almost non-stop. On one hand, almost everyone knows my scoot, BUT on the other, it only takes ONE.
There is NO LOCK of any type, on it. Just a key ignition switch between the heads, under the gas tank. IF I have to leave it out, I do have a hardened cable lock, that I run thru the rear wheel and frame. Needless to say, I sleep very little, if we happen to be staying at a motel outta town.

We did stay at the Lakeville Holiday Inn, (the ritzy one) for her surprise B-day party. The girls at the front desk, had me roll BOTH it and Momma's scoot, up on the walk, right in front of the doors, so they could see them from the front desk. (AND, Yes, he 'marked' his territory. )

Last edited by Da Gumpmeister; 08-07-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:44 PM
fonemann
Road Captain
Default thieves........

When you stay at motels, try to get a handicapped room, the doors are wide and you can roll you baby right in wit ya!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:05 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fonemann
When you stay at motels, try to get a handicapped room, the doors are wide and you can roll you baby right in wit ya!

That may not be a good idea with the Cap'n. Motels/Hotels frown on oil slicks in their rooms.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:13 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jody7734
It's hard not to get negative in the world we live in.

Today at work some guys tried to steal my '09 FLHRC parked in the parking lot of a bank of all places. For those in SA it was at 281 & thousand Oaks, for those elsewhere this is hardly a bad side of town. Looks like they twisted the ignition lock with a pipe wrench or something, I go outside after a co-worker tells me that somebody was jacking with my bike and the lights are on and right turn signal is flashing. Kudos to the MoCo for the quality of the steering lock, the handlebars are totally destroyed bent in 4 different directions from them trying to snap the steering lock off but it held up so they couldnt ride away. Other than needing new bars and a new ignition switch the bike seems to be 100 % ok. Guy jumped off when my co worker yelled at him and got in an Escalade of all things. Co worker couldn't see the plates she was afraid they would come after her.

What a dirt bag. But that settles it for me, I have a work thing in Ft. Lauderdale for 3 days / nights beginning of Sept. I have been on the fence about taking my bike. Co-workers that are coming (out of state) have been asking me to take it so they can see it. But been worried about leaving it in a parking garage for that long. I even bought a cover with a cable lock to discourage thieves... but I think I'll take the SUV instead.

By the way, nice bike.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:15 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

You have my permission to shoot the SOBs untill they are dead!

Quick Reply: San Antonio Bike Thief(s)