General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

San Antonio Bike Thief(s)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla
What a dirt bag. But that settles it for me, I have a work thing in Ft. Lauderdale for 3 days / nights beginning of Sept. I have been on the fence about taking my bike. Co-workers that are coming (out of state) have been asking me to take it so they can see it. But been worried about leaving it in a parking garage for that long. I even bought a cover with a cable lock to discourage thieves... but I think I'll take the SUV instead.

By the way, nice bike.
Ya can't let ********* change your life. Take the bike if you want and prepare against the worst. I've had my bike in MANY a parking lot and never a problem. Hell, leave it dirty and maybe it won't seem so appealing to the scumbags of the world. JMHO

Old 08-07-2009, 08:03 PM
zimman20
Tourer

Originally Posted by AK97fxdwg
Ya can't let ********* change your life. Take the bike if you want and prepare against the worst. I've had my bike in MANY a parking lot and never a problem. Hell, leave it dirty and maybe it won't seem so appealing to the scumbags of the world. JMHO
+1, can't live your life that way, IMO.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:10 PM
magforce
Cruiser

they should suffer a long slow painful death.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:15 PM
jody7734
Intermediate

No cameras on that side of building, frickin sucks.

The whole thing made me think of a Pantera song, Five minutes alone.....
Or that line from Pulp Fiction, It would have been worth the damge to the bars to catch them in the act of doing it.....

Old 08-07-2009, 08:20 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
KUDOS to your fellow worker. Maybe a good ol' Texas T-bone dinner, is in order!!!
Hate to say it, BUT they were rookies. That's GOOD for you!!!!! IF you have never seen N E 1 make off with one (peeps that know what they are doing), then you're in for a rude awakening. If I remember right, it is less than 20 secs. on average.
The 'preferred' tool, a BIG set of Channel lock pliers.

I am guilty of LEAVING the keys in my scoot, almost non-stop. On one hand, almost everyone knows my scoot, BUT on the other, it only takes ONE.
There is NO LOCK of any type, on it. Just a key ignition switch between the heads, under the gas tank. IF I have to leave it out, I do have a hardened cable lock, that I run thru the rear wheel and frame. Needless to say, I sleep very little, if we happen to be staying at a motel outta town.

We did stay at the Lakeville Holiday Inn, (the ritzy one) for her surprise B-day party. The girls at the front desk, had me roll BOTH it and Momma's scoot, up on the walk, right in front of the doors, so they could see them from the front desk. (AND, Yes, he 'marked' his territory. )
Lakeville was my backyard during my HS days. Know the exact place you're talking about.

Jody7734, the bank tapes have to have evidence of these dicks. Stay persistent and you will have redemption.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:23 PM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scumbags! I ride to work and I have the opportunity to park my bike right out front where it is visible from inside, and if anyone tries to mess with it they will have a couple of pretty big guys with .45 cals with the sights right on them!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:23 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jody7734
No cameras on that side of building, frickin sucks.

The whole thing made me think of a Pantera song, Five minutes alone.....
Or that line from Pulp Fiction, It would have been worth the damge to the bars to catch them in the act of doing it.....

There has to be something that caught the plate, vehicle description, something. Check if they went around the entire lot. One camera somewhere caught them. Trust me.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THat sucks. People have no respect for others property. I guess the good thing is they did not get to ride away with your ride.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
That may not be a good idea with the Cap'n. Motels/Hotels frown on oil slicks in their rooms.

Used to do this all the time out of state on my WG. I don't think a batwing fairing will fit through the door. If you're worried about oil just put something on the floor under you bike. But then it shouldn't be leaking anyway

Old 08-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Grammaton
Road Master

I would have never believed the lock was stronger than the bars. I'm glad it was and the bike is still yours. Buy that co-worker something nice.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Bike Thief(s)