Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9 million dead in motorcycle crash

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 AM
yep
Account Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 million dead in motorcycle crash

I dont speak for every one by no means but I am little tired of seeing threads like 3 killed 2 dead 9 crashed ..... I can see if it was a friend and you are morning the loss but to just post up threads about people you saw in the news paper is a little much ... we all know the danger , but why everyday tell us about all the deaths ...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

+1 on that........

Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yep
I dont speak for every one by no means but I am little tired of seeing threads like 3 killed 2 dead 9 crashed ..... I can see if it was a friend and you are morning the loss but to just post up threads about people you saw in the news paper is a little much ... we all know the danger , but why everyday tell us about all the deaths ...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My g'friend used to tell me every time a blackhawk went down (my brother flys one). I told her in the nicest way I could that if it is my bro, I will hear all too soon and this isn't deathwatch and to please quit it.
I think the same applies here.

Last edited by SloChicken; 08-06-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Doesn't bother me.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If that's your gf in your sig she could tell me anything she wanted and I'd just nod happily.

Originally Posted by SloChicken
My g'friend used to tell me every time a blackawk went down (my brother flys one). I told her in the nicest way I could that if it is my bro, I will hear all too soon and this isn't deathwatch and to please quit it.
I think the same applies here.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Gerard
Road Master

Originally Posted by petemac
Doesn't bother me.
Me either. Just don't click it if you don't like it.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:21 AM
yep
Account Suspended

If that's your gf in your sig she could tell me anything she wanted and I'd just nod happily.

+1 ...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
yep
Account Suspended

its not that you even have to click it ... every other thread is titled about a crash ... it didnt use to bother me but its just getting a little anoying ... we all have are bikes to relieve stress and have some fun .. just felt like ranting I guess

Old 08-06-2009, 10:28 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't bother me.
Doesn't really bother me either, but if you are going to post it, at least have a take on it.
I work in medicine and have been in trauma/critical care for pretty much the duration of my career. Seen just about all of it. It doesn't change that fact that I have seen plenty enough, and don't need to add to the list unnecessarily.
We all know what is out there, no need to put it front and center. It finds its way there enough already.
I have a saying that applies to this situation.
Sometimes things suck, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it except accept that you can't do anything about it. Maybe you can't forget it, but you can carry it in your back pocket, know it is there, but look forward, stay positive, and move on.
JMO

A good friend was killed about a month ago riding with his brother. Some 18yo girl pulled out in front of him and did a number on him. He was a great guy, and had a very loving wife.
It was a real tragedy. Still is.
Until now I hadn't mentioned it here. NO offence, but I feel that my friend is worth more than some superficial hype for people to rubberneck on, and that is pretty much what I think of the postings that are placed here.
It is a big world, and if you look hard enough, you can find something shocking, or whatever you choose.
I would rather know about it, and instead of thinking about that, think about boobies and booties instead.

Sounds like a good idea, doesn't it?

Quick Reply: 9 million dead in motorcycle crash