General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just need to vent for a sec!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:30 AM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just need to vent for a sec!

Ok, went out for a nice ride with a buddy and our girlfriends. I suggest we go to this place by the lake that we can sit down and eat, and take a break. I know this place because Wednesday nights they have a bike night, tons of bikers go there. So we show up, back in our bikes and grab a table. Ok, I have to explain this so you can picture it. There is a large parking lot, then pretty big patio right next to it, with a waist high fence around it. Beside the patio is a volleyball court (well two actually), the sand come right to the patio, but the actually court is about 20 feet away.

So back to us sitting down, we grab a table right at the corner of the fence, court on one side, parking lot on the other. By back is to the court, and I'm facing my bike....which is about 10 feet away. So there are a bunch of people eating lunch and drinking, and a group playing volleyball. The volleyball players are on the court closest to us, the other one is open, no one playing there.

So we order drinks....before they get to us the we heard "heads!" and the ball come over and almost hits us....someone throws it back. We get our drinks; the ball flies over again, and takes out my buddies, spilling it all over him and his wife, over their helmets and clothes. Do you think we got an "oh sorry buddy, can I buy you a new drink"??? No nothing.

About 5 minutes later the ball comes over again and just misses this ladies liter of wine and almost hits a small kid. I guess people are used to it because no one said anything.

Then it happens.....the ball again flies to us, hits the top of the fence, then straight off my rear fender and then hits another bike. So I'm like that's it. I turn around and say, can you guys please play on the other court. They all start to bitch to me. One guy actually pulls out the "we were here first!” I said (now getting pi$$ed off), that court is open, people are eating here and you keep hitting it over here, and you just hit my bike!!! Then so chick says, we are set up here! There was another court...boundaries and all....and not like these guys were professional or anything. So I got really pi$$ed and (well I forgot the kid was there and I feel bad), but I started to be loud and said the F word a bit....ya it got messy. I told them, try me, put that ball here again you will see what happened.

I'm telling you, you could hear the pin drop in the place.....everyone stopped. So one of the stupid broads is like, whatever, let’s just play!!! Thought, you stupid BITC*, but I let it go. No one ever said sorry, no nothing.....just a bunch of stupid ignorant people! I’m not a mean guy, or a big guy, but trust me, I was at the end........you don’t hit the bike!

Needless to say, the ball did not even come close to us for the rest of the time we were there!

Thanks for listening, I feel better now!

Old 05-29-2006, 11:42 AM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain
Default RE: Just need to vent for a sec!

i think u did well .. i would have stuck the ball and threw it out after all that they would not have played anymore that day. this seems to me like they where doing it on purpose of it stopped after u got pissed .. did u apology's for losing your cool with the F bombs in front of the kids ?

Old 05-29-2006, 11:48 AM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser

I was pretty hot until we left, and didn’t think about it. I don’t really think about the swearing and the kid until I was riding. I feel shatty about that now, I was trying my best keep cool......

Well, maybe the mom or dad is a member here, so if you are I'm, sorry for the language, which was wrong of me around your little one!

Old 05-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Oilslick
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's typical nowadays that people think nothing of putting others out as long as they have their way and the way the others put up with it stinks. It's the same on the road and everywhere I suppose.

I say, 'good for you'. They were lucky one of them didn't get it shoved up their a$$.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:59 AM
jv225
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for you. People have no respect. If it was an accident ok apologize and move on don't just ignore it and do it again Seems strange that it happened that many times then when you said something it stopped. Sounds like they were trying to break your ***** [:@]

1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Well I think I would not have parked so close to the volley ball court and then after to ball took out the drinks I would have kept their ball untill they moved.

BigGeorge
Road Captain

Yea, first time it knocked over the drinks, very calmly I would have got out the buck knife and sliced open the ball. Gee, sorry guys and gals it must have gotten cut when it hit the glass. Oh and by the way, if you hit my bike your throat will look like this ball. No "F" words needed...............BG

Old 05-29-2006, 12:04 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Our better yet,grab the ball hop on your bike and relocate the ball.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:09 PM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser

I actaully did tell them the ball was going down the street next time

Old 05-29-2006, 12:11 PM
BBDeluxe
Cruiser

So let me get this straight...........
You see, well in advance, that this group of people are doing things that are bringing mayhem (having the ball flyover into the eating area and possibly to where your bike will be) and even after a few incidents (spilled drink and another hitting a table) you stay where you are sitting without saying something to the waiter or manager? Then you get pissed when it happens again?

I can easily see where both sides get to the breaking point. I would get pissed as hell if my bike got hit by a volley ball, too. But don't you put SOME of the blame for the escalation on yourself for not reading all the signs of impending mayhem and doing something about it first?

How about after the second ball incident saying "hey, we need to move tables....I don't feel like getting hit....and I think I will move the bike....those boneheads could hit one over there."

I mean, I guess if you know in advance that you will get that pissed about anything happening to the bike, you take extra measures to try to prevent it, right? Like not parking it real close to a dirty mini van in a parking lot where there are a lot of distracted kids running around....you know someone would ding the bike. Or asking to have your table moved when eating at Chilis and the table behind you has kids throwing napkins at each other. You get the idea.

I so understand your getting pissed. Been there. But that escalation could have been prevented, if you were willing to face the compromise of having moved. I have learned this the hard way.

Bones

Quick Reply: Just need to vent for a sec!