General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just need to vent for a sec!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 05:56 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Just need to vent for a sec!

Uhhhh....yeah...I would have changed courts lest I get a thorough a$$ whipping from a bunch of bikers. I mean, sure, I am obviously biased, because I am a biker, but, it would have taken what.....2-3 minutes to change courts? If that? RESPECT! Thats what it's all about. If you dont get none.....DEMAND IT!

nogood o~`o

Old 05-29-2006, 06:07 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: steveokla

Funny thing is.. I can see so many of the posters on this site having the same attitutdes if "they" were the volley ball players and thinking nothing about it. I've been on this board for a long time, but really have problem with some peoples attitudes to blow up and take things into their own hands when they are part of the problem themselves...

If you would have been playing volley ball and done this to someone else, I wonder what perspective you would have had to the people sitting there trying to eat.. Would you have changed courts... I doubt it... most of the "arrogant" posters here would have just kept playing the same way they did...

Guess it depends upon which said of the fence you are on...
There's a difference here Steve, the difference is if I were playing volleyball and I had bounced the ball and spilled some peoples food or drink, I would have apologized and offered to buy them another round. I also would have moved courts if it appeared that the ball was going to continuously end up where people are eating and cars are parked. I have a lot of respect for other peoples property and their enjoyment of the night, and if I were the one ruining it, I would have gone out of my way to make sure that it didn't happen anymore.

Old 05-29-2006, 07:05 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Was this volleyball court part of the same establishment your sitting in? The reason I am asking is...even if it's not...it's up to an establishment to supply a dining area (obviously located so close to a sports related space) that is safe from hazards (projectiles from a volley ball court, golf course, hockey rink... whatever). If they don't provide a safety net, then, I believe, they could be held liable for any injuries sustained from "accidental" contact with that projectile. If that dining area is not safe, it would only makes sense they remove the tables from that area while a game "is on".

If your sitting in a spectators area, on the otherhand, it would be understandable that a stray ball could find it's way into the spectators area. The difference between a dining area and a spectators area is your attention to the matter at hand. It only makes sense that when sitting in a dining area your concentration and attention is your table. A stray ball hitting a table filled with hot food and hot drinks could be distasterous, not to mention flying broken glass. You have every right to expect a safe dining area in any establishment .... In a spectators area, it's the ball. If this was a combination area ... well ... poor planing on the establishments part. They should have applogized, offered to move you and replaced your spilled drinks. That area should be reserve for spectators only.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:04 PM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

part of the dining area

Old 05-29-2006, 09:24 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I wasn't going to say this but then I thought: What the H*ll is a forum for if you can't express your thoughts and opinions. So here goes.

It looks to me that the volley ball players were displaying about the same amount of respect and consideration that some people with loud pipes display.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:55 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

You did well , did not get out of control . First thing I thought was the old Kershaw would have sprung open and they would have had a filleted volley ball .

Old 05-30-2006, 02:02 AM
BBDeluxe
Cruiser

If I was a volleyball player, I would have said "hey guys, lets move to the next court." But that is just me.

Bones

Old 05-30-2006, 02:48 AM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Management should have been on top of this before anyone even got to the mad part.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:04 AM
thumper 29
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DragonNester

If I could have kept my (?) cool, I believed when the drinks spilled I'd ask to see the manager and explain he not only owed us drinks, but would be held responsible for all personal damage to our clothes and bikes. If I lost it (probably when the bike got hit), I probably would have stabbed the ball, threw it back and stood defiantly there and said the ball is in your court sport!

By the way Dave, you handled it well in my opinion.

That is really the thing that should have been done talking to the manager, no business wants any kind of law suit,
or bad rep.
I cannot believe the place has a set-up like that so close to the eating area.
And it sounds like someone in that group was doing that on purpose.
People just don't seem to even try and have respect for others nowadays.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:18 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master

ORIGINAL: whaap

It looks to me that the volley ball players were displaying about the same amount of respect and consideration that some people with loud pipes display.

That seems to just about sum it all up. WHERE do we draw the line ???

IF the Volley Ball players were there FIRST..........would it be proper for the DINERS to move ???

IF there were no other choices for the Diners, would it be proper for the Volley Ball Players to move ?

Difficult situation at best, but, maybe those that are there first should have the right....

after all...

suppose volley ball players moved into an area where baseball players normally play? Now what ?

Things that make ya go Hmmmmmmm.....

Quick Reply: Just need to vent for a sec!