General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just need to vent for a sec!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Cigar Aggie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just need to vent for a sec!

The older I get the more and earlier the F bombs start flyin......

Old 05-29-2006, 12:24 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree...when the drinks were spilled I would have stuck the ball and returned the flat ball to them. Sometimes I act before I think and that would have just been a natural reaction.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:25 PM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser

True on the moving......BUT I move, then they go on acting like that with other people. That is an eating area, and a parking lot. Top have the ball come to us was I say 20 feet off the court. The resturant should have a net there or something, and I guess I should have gotten up and told the staff, but didnt. I understand that ***** fly, and that is part odf the game. I was not upset abut the drink, but seriously over and over? My bike was I say 40 feet from the court, on the ohter side of the fence...never thought about it when I pulled in there, moving after and moving us just encourages them to be ignorant. I put myself in their shoes. I do that to someone I appoligize, I spill a drink I pay for it and then say, look guyys, that court is open, lets move there....no one said anything

Old 05-29-2006, 12:31 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree, I don't reckon I would have thought about it either and an apology is the least they could do.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:34 PM
RED E GLIDE
Tourer

I would have taken out my trusty pocket knife and put about a 4 inch slit in the ball , flattened the ball out and then tossed it back.
While I'm not sure a volley ball could damage my bike, I sure would be pissed if my bike had a cool custom paint job like yours
and was hit. I think I would have to speak to the manager and maybe hand him the flattened ball. I dissagree with BBDeluxe, it
is not oyur reponsabillty to move away from the game when their is another court to play on!

Old 05-29-2006, 01:50 PM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I could have kept my (?) cool, I believed when the drinks spilled I'd ask to see the manager and explain he not only owed us drinks, but would be held responsible for all personal damage to our clothes and bikes. If I lost it (probably when the bike got hit), I probably would have stabbed the ball, threw it back and stood defiantly there and said the ball is in your court sport!

By the way Dave, you handled it well in my opinion.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:04 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

As is all too typical of people today, the volleyballers were not only oblivious to the consequences of their actions, they simply didn't care or, even worse, felt entitled! Surely, were the roles reversed, they would have been just as irate.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

Which beach were you at?

i want to know so that I can avoid it

Old 05-29-2006, 03:12 PM
steveokla
Tourer

Funny thing is.. I can see so many of the posters on this site having the same attitutdes if "they" were the volley ball players and thinking nothing about it. I've been on this board for a long time, but really have problem with some peoples attitudes to blow up and take things into their own hands when they are part of the problem themselves...

If you would have been playing volley ball and done this to someone else, I wonder what perspective you would have had to the people sitting there trying to eat.. Would you have changed courts... I doubt it... most of the "arrogant" posters here would have just kept playing the same way they did...

Guess it depends upon which said of the fence you are on...

Old 05-29-2006, 04:23 PM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser

Yes I would have changed courts........I treat people the way I want to be treated, with respect. I was the one who noted an open court, also that the ball keeps coming over, and that they should go play further........I was not the one who said "whatever, lets just play". Oh well, either way, I was just getting it out

Quick Reply: Just need to vent for a sec!