General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ontario woman killed in motorcycle accident on Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009 | 05:40 AM
RockyTopRider
|
Road Warrior
Default Ontario woman killed in motorcycle accident on Dragon

RIP

I've heard from those that were there it took approx. 45 mins to get ambulance there. That is typical response times due to the remote location.

Ontario woman killed in motorcycle accident on Dragon
By Jessica Stith
of The Daily Times Staff
Originally published: August 04. 2009 3:01AM
Last modified: August 04. 2009 12:46AM
A Canadian woman died Sunday when her vehicle left the “Dragon” and struck a tree.
Julie A. Beacock, 52, Ontario, was pronounced dead following the crash on a motorcycle, according to a Tennessee Highway Patrol report by Trooper Jerry Watson.

Watson reported that Beacock was riding a 2009 Suzuki SX6 motorcycle northbound on Calderwood Highway at about 4 p.m. Sunday. She was traveling near mile marker 5 when her motorcycle ran off the road to the left and struck a tree.

Beacock was wearing a helmet. According to the report, drugs or alcohol were not suspected factors in the crash.

Old 08-04-2009 | 06:34 AM
moosh
Road Captain

R.i.p

Old 08-04-2009 | 06:52 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member

I hate to hear news like this but I suspect there's a lot of folks riding the Dragon who don't have the skills to be on that road. Some are lucky and make it, some die.

Old 08-04-2009 | 07:00 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Bad Bob you are so right...

REST IN PEACE MY FELLOW CANUCK>>>> I LOOK TOWARDS THE SKY AND SAY A LITTLE PRAYER FOR YOU.

Old 08-04-2009 | 07:04 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Hate to see when this happens. RIP Julie.

Old 08-04-2009 | 07:05 AM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BadBobOk
I hate to hear news like this but I suspect there's a lot of folks riding the Dragon who don't have the skills to be on that road. Some are lucky and make it, some die.
My sympathies certainly go to the family, but I do agree with BadBob. I road the Dragon last month (several times!) and the conduct of some crotch-rocketeers was just plain stupid and endangered not just themselves but others out to enjoy the ride on a public highway!

Old 08-04-2009 | 07:56 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PPBART
My sympathies certainly go to the family, but I do agree with BadBob. I road the Dragon last month (several times!) and the conduct of some crotch-rocketeers was just plain stupid and endangered not just themselves but others out to enjoy the ride on a public highway!
You mean like these crotch rocket idiots?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rueC1r8W1s

Old 08-04-2009 | 08:25 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

I would think that the popularity of this destination there would be EMTs on site. Or are they on site and it still takes that long from where they sit?

Old 08-04-2009 | 09:01 AM
gforceman2
Cruiser

Prayers to her family and friends...thats sad! I was on the Dragon Sunday at 3 pm and while I did not see the accident or its aftermath I can say im not at all surprised. Im glad we did it but I wont be back to the dragon. Too many cars and crotch rockets being idiots. As many accidents and deaths that occur there you would think the county would keep an ambulance at one end to reduce response time....especially on weekends!

BTW- Nice Video but those are not CR's... those are Harleys but it does not change the fact he was an idiot. If Stupid was painful there would be alot less of it!!

Last edited by gforceman2; 08-04-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-04-2009 | 09:03 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mcrider1
You mean like these crotch rocket idiots?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rueC1r8W1s
LOL...that video really tells it like it is.

Quick Reply: Ontario woman killed in motorcycle accident on Dragon