General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ontario woman killed in motorcycle accident on Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009 | 02:01 PM
performanceisthekey
Road Captain

I always wondered what happened to that rider as this video has been around for ever. If anyone knows please post.

Old 08-04-2009 | 05:23 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Old 08-04-2009 | 05:51 PM
GaCracker
Cruiser

Fill for ladys family, the dragon is scary to me i don't fear me it everything and everybody else when i ride that i watch for and thats just to much to watch for at one time, so i havn't done it.

Old 08-04-2009 | 07:29 PM
streetglider357
Intermediate

Rode it on the 17th of July from Deals Gap to Marysville in the rain, definitely no fun. Teo different people crashed, one needed emergency help and the other one just needed help getting his bike out of the ditch. Ride within your own comfort zone.

Old 03-03-2010 | 05:29 AM
shamsuthbegum
Stage II

I was shocked by seeing this video.Can anyone tell me if you find anything about this post......

Old 03-03-2010 | 05:50 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

I hate it when people act stupid. Especially on a motorcycle. Mistakes on a scooter are not very forgiving.

Old 03-03-2010 | 06:34 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master

Some riders shouldn’t ride the Dragon at all, their not good enough to ride it.

Old 03-03-2010 | 06:45 AM
klap
Road Master

..the people in the car should have stopped long enough to throw down a copy of 'Ride like a Pro' video to the Harley rider..lol..

Old 03-03-2010 | 07:04 AM
looneycanuk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball
I would think that the popularity of this destination there would be EMTs on site. Or are they on site and it still takes that long from where they sit?
It generally boils down to funding and how many people live in a general location and who wants to pay for the additional services. Bluntly put: do the locals of the Dragon want and need another EMS base?

Sadly, it usually boils down to "who wants to pay"?

Old 03-03-2010 | 10:49 PM
LA VIC
Road Master

I rode the Dragon for the first time last year with a buddy. We got there about 2:00 in the afternoon on a Sunday. Lets see, as I recall a Porsche got rapped around a tree and a motorcycle rider had suffered a broken collar bone......that's before we arrived. Got to see an idiot on a Dyna Glide almost wipe out 2 full dressers directly in front of me when he crossed the center line in a turn. Those poor guys finally had to pull off the road just to collect their composure.
I enjoyed the trip and will probably go back some day. Not because the Dragon is something I'd ride on a regular basis. I'd go back because the surrounding area probably has some of the best motorcycle roads in the country. I'm not trying steer anyone away from making their first trip to the Dragon. Everyone I know that has made the trek was glad they did. Kinda like making Bike Week or Sturgis. One of those must do deals. Just 2 things to remember. Know your limits or the Dragon will make you cry like little girl. The last and most important thing is to expect there's an idiot around ever corner...because there's a good chance there is. Controlled chaos, yea that's the Dragon in all its glory.

Quick Reply: Ontario woman killed in motorcycle accident on Dragon