General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ontario woman killed in motorcycle accident on Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009 | 11:07 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by gforceman2
Prayers to her family and friends...thats sad! I was on the Dragon Sunday at 3 pm and while I did not see the accident or its aftermath I can say im not at all surprised. Im glad we did it but I wont be back to the dragon. Too many cars and crotch rockets being idiots. As many accidents and deaths that occur there you would think the county would keep an ambulance at one end to reduce response time....especially on weekends!

BTW- Nice Video but those are not CR's... those are Harleys but it does not change the fact he was an idiot. If Stupid was painful there would be alot less of it!!
What? You mean those aren't crotch rockets? Surely they couldn't be HD's, because no one riding a cruiser ever does anything stupid on the Dragon.

Old 08-04-2009 | 11:18 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mcrider1
You mean like these crotch rocket idiots?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rueC1r8W1s
There was a spot for those wusses to pull over, on the left before the next curve there was a small gravel area big enought for 3 cars.

Old 08-04-2009 | 11:40 AM
THABULL
Road Master

Originally Posted by Curt1953
There was a spot for those wusses to pull over, on the left before the next curve there was a small gravel area big enought for 3 cars.
Why should they be "oblegated" to pull over , they where on a public road doing the speed limit , if they pulled over for every bike that got behind them it would take them all day get through!
To the lady killed may she RIP!

Old 08-04-2009 | 11:51 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by THABULL
Why should they be "oblegated" to pull over , they where on a public road doing the speed limit , if they pulled over for every bike that got behind them it would take them all day get through!
To the lady killed may she RIP!
I ment for them to pull over to help out. Maybe like give the guy a ride to the hospital if he needed to go there, and maybe help carry his bike out from the weeds. How about just pulling over to warn riders coming the other way. Like I said they were a bunch of wusses they thought they was going to get their asses kicked.

Last edited by Curt1953; 08-04-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-04-2009 | 11:58 AM
UC2002
Intermediate

....Or get their ***** kicked for causing the moron to run off the road. I know that isn;t likely to happen, but unfortunately that is the perception that some have of bike riders. Is it a deserved reputation? Not for most of us riders, but it's the perception that the general public has of us.

..........RIP, and my condolences to her family.

Last edited by UC2002; 08-04-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-04-2009 | 12:08 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by UC2002
....Or get their ***** kicked for causing the moron to run off the road. I know that isn;t likely to happen, but unfortunately that is the perception that some have of bike riders. Is it a deserved reputation? Not for most of us riders, but it's the perception that the general public has of us.

..........RIP, and my condolences to her family.
I think passing on a double yellow and not knowing how to ride is what caused the morons to run off the road. Not the people driving their car in their own lane. Of course, some people blame cars for all m/c crashes?
I do think they should have stopped to see if they could help the idiots.

Old 08-04-2009 | 12:28 PM
chad_clearwater
Cruiser

Well, let's see: car staying in lane, first bike passes on double-yellow and tries to cut the apex of the next curve and basically goes where he's looking...bike number two almost followed him. Sorry, can't see where the cage is to blame for this dumbass attack.
Should they have stopped? Probably, but since I don't have audio I can't tell if the other 5 riders said something like "we've got it!".

Old 08-04-2009 | 12:40 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

It's not my favorite road, but my out-of-town friends like it, so I run it with them. A few weeks ago, I waited out the crowds before I went up. I set my own pace and actually enjoyed it this time around. No moron coming over into my lane, no one pressing me from behind - nice and easy. The Dragon is a fickle lady and deserves respect.

God bless this women and the loved ones she left behind.

Old 08-04-2009 | 01:20 PM
Mav
Tourer

Stay away from the Dragon on the weekends and you'll increase your chances of having a safe ride 10 fold! It's not nearly as bad during the weekdays...

Old 08-04-2009 | 01:56 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

There are now many places to pull of and let faster riders/cars through but as one poster said, if you pulled off for every person who wanted to go faster, you be sitting all day. I have ridden it a few times and it's a great ride. Other roads near there are just as good, the dragon just gets all the press. If you ride it with sense and your senses onhigh alert, it's really fun. When the squids come out, it's time to get lunch or park and watch.

My prayers to all who have lost their life enjoying our great hobby.

Bubba

Quick Reply: Ontario woman killed in motorcycle accident on Dragon