General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gremlin

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Headwolf
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

OK what about if you give two bells you bought to a good friend You explain to him the requirement that the bell has to be given to you by another person and he decides to give one of these two bells back to you for your bike. Does that erase the fact that you originally bought it? Gee I hope so since otherwise I'm not protected. Oh wait! I'm still protected but not double protected right? Oh Gee this stuff is so confusing.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I have one on my bike, it was given to me by a very close friend who also rides. I have given one recently to my oldest friend, we've known each other since second grade and have been riding together since the late 60's. It's a goofy little good luck charm that only another rider would even notice. And no, I would never buy one for myself. I already know I am concerned about my own safety, and never stop to wish myself good luck on other occassions.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
NitroShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've lost everyone that I've been given. I can't explain it. The last one I stuck to the frame using a a heavy duty key ring and 2 wire ties and I still lost it somehow.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:26 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

I have given many. I have received none

I've had to rely on my natural meanness to protect me from the Gremlins all these years.

I do believe in the power of the Bells. I have seen them work in wondrous and magical ways.

Those that make light of and generally talk trash about the bells.....Do so at their own peril. For when the Gremlins learn of your lack of faith they will indeed make your life miserable.

Heed my words or suffer the consequences. You could wake up one morning with a Jap bike in your garage.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Headwolf
OK what about if you give two bells you bought to a good friend You explain to him the requirement that the bell has to be given to you by another person and he decides to give one of these two bells back to you for your bike. Does that erase the fact that you originally bought it? Gee I hope so since otherwise I'm not protected. Oh wait! I'm still protected but not double protected right? Oh Gee this stuff is so confusing.
You must not buy yourself a bell, ask someone to buy you a bell, or...Drop any hints to anyone that you want a bell.