General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wft

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Danny posted it. This WAS NOT an issue with the 'dominant' club, folks. This is with one of the other clubs, in Ok.

That said, if anyone has to explain, you wouldn't understand.
There's a whole lotta 'explainin' goin' on, and not much 'understandin'.

For ALL the parties "actually" involved, best to leave names and inuendos, out of it. Hash over "the rules" all you want, and whether you are believer, or a non-believer in "the rules". AS for me and my family, we are believers.

I, personally, do not wear any patches, of any nature. I cross MC lines, and state lines, when and where I want. Someone hit on it above, I mind my own biz, and I do not aks ?'s, or get involved in ANY club biz. Sure, you can't help but hear a lot of it, but in one, and out the other, works JUS' FINE.

It seems that MANY think, the CoC is made up of 'criminal' or 1%MCs. Not so. There are WAY MORE 99%ers, MANY of Christian nature. Several Vets clubs.

No one really cares, if you throw on a 3 piece, wanna be or FFA (4 yrs worth) patch. 4 or 5 of your buddies, do the same, you MAY draw attention. MAY. Largely is gonna depend on how YOU act. I believe, that is "sorta" what they are dealing with, in Ok. BUT, JMFUO.

But blastin' the "Dominant" club, on an OPEN Forum, is really, really, counterproductive, for our """""BROTHERS"""""" !!!!!!!!!!! ********* trying to do a job down there.

Like it, lump it, or loathe it. Been 'round longer than any of us. My prediction is, it will outlast all of us. Some 'rights' are worth fighting for, and some worth dying for. Guess I don't put "the right to wear any dammt patch I want", at the top of the list.
And trust me, I ride with MANY patches, of ALL persuasions. It's all 'bout respect. Bottom line, you don't 'respect' your word in an 'agreement', in their eyes, you don't 'respect' them, (The whole CoC), either. BUT, AGAIN, JMFUO, as ooze-ual. And YES, they "can make" your life jus' as 'uncomfortable' as a LEO. Jus' without all the restricitons.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:17 AM
NitroShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As usual Gump....well said.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:40 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Gump I've never met you but I have read your posts in here. You are with out doubt Sir a man of much wisdom.
ALL MY RESPECT TO YOU SIR!!!

I love the PGR guys and what they do. I'm sure this will get worked out in all due time with all of the parties. Dropping names, club and LEO bashing on this thread is not going to help any of the parties involved. This is a good topic, but go easy with the insults.

Respect to all of you!!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting read. Seems that some folks don't understand what taking a pragmatic approach to things is all about.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Informal regulating agencies like the CoC come into existence when a regulating need arises that the government can't or won't handle. These agencies become leigitmate and recognized over time like the CoC has by running a solid organization. This is the same way a government organization becomes less or more legitimate based on its ability to run a solid organization. If anyone thinks the government has less criminals / corruption in it than the CoC, they are fooling themselves. Agencies like the CoC tend to have less corruption because it is easier to get booted out if you are corrupt. You don't have as many lawyers their to keep you in your position.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
It seems that MANY think, the CoC is made up of 'criminal' or 1%MCs. Not so. There are WAY MORE 99%ers, MANY of Christian nature. Several Vets clubs.
That's a good point, as I also feel that many think the COC in many jurisdictions is a single club or 'entity' that establishes rules and regulations dealing with 'patched members' of the motorcycle community.

That isn't true.

For example, the COC in Oklahoma consists of over 50 MC's and Organizations, and each member club or organization in good standing has an equal vote at scheduled meeting when it comes to issues of concern. There is usually a AIM Attorney present at each meeting.

Oklahoma COC members include Traditional MC's, Support MC's, Veteran clubs and organizations, Christian clubs and organizations, RC's such as the Southern Cruisers, and organizations such as ABATE, ALR, and BACA.

In fact, there is nothing 'secret' about member MC's and Organizations in the Oklahoma COC, and the below link shows current members (and their back patch);

http://okcoc.net/MEMBERS.html

Last edited by OldFenderGuy; 08-05-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I can say is the ridiculous petty nonsense and childish attitudes that appear to prevail in clubs (such as those displayed in this thread) are a few of the reasons I remain fiercely independent. As a grown man who no longer lives with his "mommy", I would never tolerate ANYONE telling me what I can or can't wear, what, when or where I can ride, or who I ride with or talk to. I think such restrictions in MC clubs are absolutely juvenile! Sounds like a lot of people are too afraid to stand on their own and be their own person; they need the security of a sorority to make it out in the world! I wear what I choose, ride what I choose, live like I choose. If anyone doesn't like it, they can kiss my a$$!!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 AM
NitroShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since none of the posted explanations seem to be getting through to anybody, read THIS and see if it explains it better.

Originally Posted by austinharley
All I can say is the ridiculous petty nonsense and childish attitudes that appear to prevail in clubs (such as those displayed in this thread) are a few of the reasons I remain fiercely independent. As a grown man who no longer lives with his "mommy", I would never tolerate ANYONE telling me what I can or can't wear, what, when or where I can ride, or who I ride with or talk to. I think such restrictions in MC clubs are absolutely juvenile! Sounds like a lot of people are too afraid to stand on their own and be their own person; they need the security of a sorority to make it out in the world! I wear what I choose, ride what I choose, live like I choose. If anyone doesn't like it, they can kiss my a$$!!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:04 PM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NitroShark
Since none of the posted explanations seem to be getting through to anybody, read THIS and see if it explains it better.
That doesn't explain anything. The fact remains that I'll never be so insecure in my riding and living that I find the need to submit to some MC telling me what to do. If it works for others, that's their choice. To me, riding is about freedom, which is the opposite of what you get with a MC.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:44 PM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread raises the interesting question of allegiance. I am not sure, but if you patch in to a club I would assume you pledge allegiance to that club and the leadership therein. Just as a soldier pledges to defend the country, an leo to protect the community, or a Christian to serve their God, you are pledging your very life in support of the group. So, attacking the leadership on a public forum is attacking the very club to which you have pledged support. Seems one step short of "treason" to me.

If you disagree with your leadership there is a time and a place to address your concerns in a respectful manner. If the patch is more important than the pledge then I would think that is a problem. But if the pledge is more important than the patch (the patch just being a symbol of the pledge), then any disagreement with the leaders on their direction would be done in a respectful, problem-solving manner and in a forum dedicated to the club only.

For instance, although I do not agree with much of President Obama's politics, I would never call him names or attack his character or family. I wouldn't because I pledged allegiance to our country and do so regularly. I still maintain the right to freely discuss his policies and to disagree in the approriate forums, but any personal attack on him would be like attacking my own country - disrespecting the highest office in the land. We've seen that when musicians call our country bad things at concerts in other countries. It weakens our country's standings throughout the world because it shows a lack of commitment to the country as a whole.

As has been said by others, there are a lot of respect issues going on here - but they are just indicative of respect issues we have all over the place.

Quick Reply: Wft