General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wft

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
You're right!! Let's catch a bullet through the brain to make a point!
Buddy, if you have to deal with the wrong people, that could be a very painfull lesson.
I guess like Joker you're implying the COC will resort to criminal behavior, I dont respect criminal organizations and neither should the PGR.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 AM
chad_clearwater
Cruiser

Sometimes, to be "right" you have to suck it up.

We ran into a similar situation in San Antonio, TX, a few years ago. One of the "clubs" got territorial and suddenly CMA (Christian Motorcyle Association) members were be harrassed for wearing their colors. The final "resolution" was that CMA members would remove the San Antonio tag off their backs. They could still show the CMA patch but not SATX.

Weird, but true.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:25 AM
jokerx
Banned

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
Originally Posted by jokerx
Do you even know what the COC is? I don’t think that you do when you ask questions like, “who gave the COC the authority to make them (the rules)” I dont care who they are they have no authority, over me or anyone else.

Everyone that puts a club or organizational patch on their back gives them the authority[b]I didnt give them sh*t and I wear a patch[/B
You’re absolutely right, they don’t have the “authority” to force or enforce their rules on anyone…and that’s great in theory, but go try it in practice.Are you implying that they would resort to criminal behavior to enforce their "rules"? I dont respect criminal organizations.

As for the PGR fighting against it, again…great in theory, but again pretty useless in the real world…you willing to go to any length to wear that patch? I dont wear the PGR patch but I do wear a patch and I will fight for that right.

I'm not implying anything, just stating idealistic views are sometimes contradictory to real world experience. Keep fighting the good fight...sometimes though, it's good to stop, listen and learn before going into battle. You might save yourself some heartache, but hey...it's your life.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:27 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Anyone else remember the Memorial day post about 1% being more patriotic than most other Americans?

Old 08-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jokerx
I'm not implying anything, just stating idealistic views are sometimes contradictory to real world experience. Keep fighting the good fight...sometimes though, it's good to stop, listen and learn before going into battle. You might save yourself some heartache, but hey...it's your life.
I deal with real world criminals every day and I dont back down.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by piasspj
Anyone else remember the Memorial day post about 1% being more patriotic than most other Americans?
Now your just trying to start trouble...

Old 08-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Double_Trouble
Cruiser

1. What rules? Who made them? Where are they written? and who gave the COC the authority to make them?
It is no different than a prison or any other place where the "law" is not available or capable of defending your rights. You (for the sake of living without CONSTANTLY looking over your shoulder) nuckle under and follow the "common laws". Without them, there would be chaos and the "argest and deadliest"M/C's would be the only onese doing anything, anywhere.

2. What's right about caving in to someone who is stepping on your rights as an American?
The government steps on my rights on a daily basis and if you are LEO or MIL (ex or current) you help them do it. It is done for the "greater good". The CoC "steps" on your god given rights in an attempt to keep a civil and blood free environment. They also act for the "greater good" wether you see it or not.

I understand it completely and what the COC is trying to do is wrong. They don't have the right or the authority to force their "rules" on anyone.
The biggest thing I don't "understand" is the "That's the way it is, get used to it" attitude. That's not the way it is and the PGR should fight against it.
PGR could fight against it, but the PGR mission is not one of turf wars. The 1% mission is one of turf wars. Do you really feel like the PGR membership is ready for the kinda of down right bloodbath this type of fight could bring them? Do you even think its worth the effort? Over some colors?

Go into any poor inner city neighborhood and ask them about the right to wear colors. You are bitching because you can't wear a back patch...there are kids right here in the US who get shot for wearing ANY blue or ANY red at all...anywhere on their person. If you want fight a war over something.....fight the one that kills our children everyday....not the one that injures your pride.

....down from the soap box and back to the cellar I go.......

Old 08-04-2009, 12:14 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good post DT. I'm sure I'm just being naive in saying that you would think the PGR would be unilaterally "hands off" regarding their patch simply because of the symbolism of the last service they provide to those who have served.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Glyder
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont get you freakin guys that say criminal bullies should be left to do whatever the freak they please. Pathetic!!!!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:25 PM
princeaz
Cruiser
Location: Payson, AZ within 400 miles of the best the west has to offer for riders

To me, this discussion is academic. Without reading the CoC Charter, and seeing where this "Right" comes from it is Obama-like when he said without any knowledge of the Cambridge situation, "the police acted stupidly". If you join an organization, you agree to abide by their rules. If you don't like them work to change them, otherwise man-up and quit.
Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Wft