General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wft

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure am glad THAT got resolved. For a minute I thought we'd hafta go burn down the damned Del Fuego clubhouse!

Old 08-04-2009, 06:31 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Smile

Hey Del Fuegos....good one!!! I think I'll take that to the political/open section and substitute them for Bush when blaming away any problems.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NitroShark
Just because they support vets doesn't mean that they aren't 1. expected to follow the rules. 2. it's the right thing to do. 3. For the life of me I don't understand why people have such a hard time understanding that. .
1. What rules? Who made them? Where are they written? and who gave the COC the authority to make them?

2. What's right about caving in to someone who is stepping on your rights as an American?

3. I understand it completely and what the COC is trying to do is wrong. They don't have the right or the authority to force their "rules" on anyone.

The biggest thing I don't "understand" is the "That's the way it is, get used to it" attitude. That's not the way it is and the PGR should fight against it.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:17 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't understand why any dominant club would have a problem with the PGR wearing their patches in order to conduct the business of honoring our fallen service men and women. It's not like they are competing for same thing. What gives?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 AM
remike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
I don't understand why any dominant club would have a problem with the PGR wearing their patches in order to conduct the business of honoring our fallen service men and women. It's not like they are competing for same thing. What gives?
Once again the intelligence and common sense of a woman cuts to the chase with a valid question...

Old 08-04-2009, 10:19 AM
DoubleJ74
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
From what i have gathered and I may be wrong (I have been known to be wrong on occasion). There was no problem with wearing the patch in order conduct the business of the group, but some individuals in the organization were wearing the patches to other functions? I do not believe anyone should be criticizing the leadership of the PGR in this decision. Whether you agree with it or not they are just looking out for the best interest of everyone involved.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:21 AM
jokerx
Banned

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
1. What rules? Who made them? Where are they written? and who gave the COC the authority to make them?

2. What's right about caving in to someone who is stepping on your rights as an American?

3. I understand it completely and what the COC is trying to do is wrong. They don't have the right or the authority to force their "rules" on anyone.

The biggest thing I don't "understand" is the "That's the way it is, get used to it" attitude. That's not the way it is and the PGR should fight against it.
You can do anything you want, so long as you’re willing to pay the consequences for it. Do you even know what the COC is? I don’t think that you do when you ask questions like, “who gave the COC the authority to make them (the rules)”.

Everyone that puts a club or organizational patch on their back gives them the authority…it’s like any other organization, think of it in terms of a sporting event…a bunch of folks in different groups come together and decide what the governing rules will be and then they’re set, if you don’t play by the rules, you don’t play.

You’re absolutely right, they don’t have the “authority” to force or enforce their rules on anyone…and that’s great in theory, but go try it in practice.

As for the PGR fighting against it, again…great in theory, but again pretty useless in the real world…you willing to go to any length to wear that patch? Pretty sure you’re in the minority if you are.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleJ74
From what i have gathered and I may be wrong (I have been known to be wrong on occasion). There was no problem with wearing the patch in order conduct the business of the group, but some individuals in the organization were wearing the patches to other functions? I do not believe anyone should be criticizing the leadership of the PGR in this decision. Whether you agree with it or not they are just looking out for the best interest of everyone involved.
Like what other functions? Just PGR guys showing pride in their group or like it was a whole other "club"?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:39 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You're right!! Let's catch a bullet through the brain to make a point!
Buddy, if you have to deal with the wrong people, that could be a very painfull lesson.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jokerx
Do you even know what the COC is? I don’t think that you do when you ask questions like, “who gave the COC the authority to make them (the rules)” I dont care who they are they have no authority, over me or anyone else.

Everyone that puts a club or organizational patch on their back gives them the authority[B]I didnt give them sh*t and I wear a patch[/B
You’re absolutely right, they don’t have the “authority” to force or enforce their rules on anyone…and that’s great in theory, but go try it in practice.Are you implying that they would resort to criminal behavior to enforce their "rules"? I dont respect criminal organizations.

As for the PGR fighting against it, again…great in theory, but again pretty useless in the real world…you willing to go to any length to wear that patch? I dont wear the PGR patch but I do wear a patch and I will fight for that right.

Quick Reply: Wft