General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wft

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 AM
NitroShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think anybody is telling you that you can't "stand up for your god given rights". By all means, ride into OK and tell the pres of the CoC exactly what you think.

All anybody has tried to do for all of the people whinning about this is to explain the reality of the situation.

Originally Posted by Bart-G
Ok you called me out, I'm just an assless chap wearing poser that's not worthy of your presence. But just remember this. What would this country be like today if nobody would stand up for the god given rights our fore fathers sacrificed their lives for to ensure that we have the freedom that we enjoy today.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:12 AM
RCB
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok you called me out, I'm just an assless chap wearing poser that's not worthy of your presence. But just remember this. What would this country be like today if nobody would stand up for the god given rights our fore fathers sacrificed their lives for to ensure that we have the freedom that we enjoy today.
Not worthy of my presents. B.S. I am a rider with no ties and or affiliation with any Clubs. I agree to stand up for ones rights 110%. But the point your missing is the PGR entered into the motorcycle world where there are certain rules governored by the dominant 1%er Club/Clubs and apparently accepted/agreed to the terms. Now it seems that the PGR may not have governored or advised their own of this agreement. Which the Clubs look at as Disrespect. As you may or may not know.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Bart-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NitroShark
I don't think anybody is telling you that you can't "stand up for your god given rights". By all means, ride into OK and tell the pres of the CoC exactly what you think.

All anybody has tried to do for all of the people whinning about this is to explain the reality of the situation.

Ok you win. but I will still wear my patch.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Not sure, I think leadership has no Ba&&s
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-p...d-in-ok-4.html
From what I read there's not much in the way of "leadership". They never should have surrendered their rights to some group that doesn't have any authority or power to force their will on others.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Bart-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
From what I read there's not much in the way of "leadership". They never should have surrendered their rights to some group that doesn't have any authority or power to force their will on others.

I must agree, even while I was being pumeled by the majority.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RCB
the PGR entered into the motorcycle world where there are certain rules governored by the dominant 1%er Club/Clubs and apparently accepted/agreed to the terms.
The PGR may have entered into an agreement but the fact remains the dominant club of a state has no legal authority or right to force their will on others. This country was founded by fighters and patriots who refused to submit to unlawful oppression. The PGR supports those same kind of fighters today and they shouldn't have to surrender their rights to anyone.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Bart-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NitroShark

Ok so I'm the one standing up for my rights and your the the one willing to submit and just explain this away right?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:44 AM
RCB
Road Warrior

The PGR may have entered into an agreement but the fact remains the dominant club of a state has no legal authority or right to force their will on others. This country was founded by fighters and patriots who refused to submit to unlawful oppression. The PGR supports those same kind of fighters today and they shouldn't have to surrender their rights to anyone.

I certainly agree with your statements. Hopefully the situation gets resolved without any trouble/problems for all parties involved.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 AM
NitroShark
Road Captain

Nobody ever said the dominant club has a legal authority to do anything. Obviously the PGR leadership understands how things work in reality and many other people refuse to do the same.

I'm a vet and I respect what the PGR does and stands for. I've even rode on a couple of missions with them. That being said, it doesn't change the the situation. Just because they support vets doesn't mean that they aren't expected to follow the rules. Obviously they don't have to, but it sounds like they understand it's the right thing to do. If all of the members there had done the same thing they wouldn't find themselves in this situation.

Again, I'm not saying what the CoC does is "right". It's just the way it is whether you like it or agree with it or not. For the life of me I don't understand why people have such a hard time understanding that. Everybody that feels so strongly that this is wrong, not serious or a joke should ride over to the CoC in OK and discuss it with them. Nobody is saying that the OK PGR has to comply with anything....but it certainly sounds like their leadership understands that it's the best thing to do.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:57 AM
NitroShark
Road Captain

No, I'm the one that understands the world I live in when I decide to wear a patch in the motorcycle world. And you're not standing up for your rights. You're whinning on an Internet message board. Nobody is telling you that you can or can't do anything. If you wanted to stand up for somebody else's rights, you'd have to go to OK in this situation.

I'm not trying to explain anything "away". This has been the way it is for a very long time. Just because you've been blind to it doesn't change anything.

Ok so I'm the one standing up for my rights and your the the one willing to submit and just explain this away right?

Quick Reply: Wft