General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Drag Races

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 10:07 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Harley Drag Races

If you have never been to all Harley Drags then do it sometime. I have been multiple times and watching the nitro bikes go over 200mph and under 7 seconds is amazing. Even the bracket racing is great to watch. Of course the babes are also a reason to go!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8479/C3F1961F1FBA4828B60791501AC54404.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-28-2006, 11:54 AM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harley Drag Races

I have gone to the US Nationals a couple of times and seen the pro-stock division, but I can't imagine how cool it would be to see the top fuel Harleys run. Those things are up to what now, 220-230mph?

Old 05-28-2006, 01:06 PM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I and a few friends usually ride to Bristol for the All Harley Drags. There are some real fire breathing monsters that show up to drag race. The nitrious will actually burn your eyes sometimes. The bad boy clubs (Outlaws in TN) are always there with colors making sure their turf stays sovereign and to enjoy the races. They have their own special parking/viewing/partying area. That suits everyone. I've never seen any trouble, have seen some really hot babes as well as hot bikes. It's like a mini-rally with vendors included. Last year a guy's bike was stolen 2 rows up from mine...saw him talking to the cops as we were leaving. Of course he could have forgotten where he parked.

Anyway, it's great to watch just how strong some Harleys can perform, especial in the street class for me, the sleeper baggers!

****** also would be proud and impressed with the Sporster times!

Old 05-28-2006, 02:30 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: DragonNester

I and a few friends usually ride to Bristol for the All Harley Drags. There are some real fire breathing monsters that show up to drag race. The nitrious will actually burn your eyes sometimes. The bad boy clubs (Outlaws in TN) are always there with colors making sure their turf stays sovereign and to enjoy the races. They have their own special parking/viewing/partying area. That suits everyone. I've never seen any trouble, have seen some really hot babes as well as hot bikes. It's like a mini-rally with vendors included. Last year a guy's bike was stolen 2 rows up from mine...saw him talking to the cops as we were leaving. Of course he could have forgotten where he parked.

Anyway, it's great to watch just how strong some Harleys can perform, especial in the street class for me, the sleeper baggers!

****** also would be proud and impressed with the Sporster times!
I go to the HD drags the finals inVegas every year. It is a blast. Not to mention the woman, I do not htink anyone mentioned the woman.

i hav e a sportster abotu 5 years ago an 01 cusotm that we put a zippers motor in and it would run just under 10 seconds in the 1/4. At the time their was only a handful of sportsters that were doing that.