General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

National Bikers Roundup

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 AM
DOORDOC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

i went a couple of years ago when it was in West Bend,Wi. It was cool. We were taking aback a little when we rolled in and they asked if we were wearing colors, we said no, and they said it"ll be $20.00 then. If we were wearing colors it would have been free to get in. Other than that, it was alright.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

I've been to the Roundup. It's a nice event, with a more mature crowd than the college kids who go to Black Bike Week in MB.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:33 AM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonesee
Kansas City??? ROFLMAO. It is in Hampton Georgia not Kansas City. At least read the brochure before posting...

After lookng at who is sponsoring it, I would feel out of place.

The BOS and Outcast MCs are Black membership clubs. Nothing wrong with it, but this white guy would feel uncomfortable. maybe I shouldn't. But I don't attend the Black College Reunion in Daytona either.

Anyone on here a member of either M/C? I mean no insult, just curious.
So I was off a year. Too bad. It is based out of KC.

It was very heavily populated with Black Clubs, but no one was turned away at the door for not being black. Most of the people I know that went out were white and didn't have any issues.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 AM
tremor
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I regard the National Roundup (and the regional ones as well) as the best motorcycling events in the US.

The camping is always good. The prices are always right. The crowds love to party in their own way. No one gets in each other's way.

The Roundup is about the bikes, the party, the racing and repping your club.

Unlike other events, you are ENCOURAGED to wear your colors. In fact, there's a discount on the admission if you come in your club colors.

It's an ironic fact of the American motorcycling world that the gang mentality (and associated violence) that you might find between some white clubs simply doesn't appear to be a factor among black clubs.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:26 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Several of my co-workers rode down from Richmond, that's over 500 miles. They said the ride back was too hot but they had a great time.

It's a more commercialized event than the event I attended (East Coast Sturgis).

No colors are allowed at ECS, probably a good idea.

It seems like most of the black bike clubs are more like fraternities than gangs so by wearing your colors you join a brotherhood of clubs. Those guys/ladies are freindly to everybody. At least from my experience.

I'm a white guy if that matters. We didn't see a whole lot of black folks at ECS. They were probably all down the Roundup.

Incidently my friend told me there was a huge MOCO presence at the Roundup. With that and real Sturgis, I did not see any HD presence at ECS other than 98% of the bikes there were manufactured by HD.