General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inspection Sticker location?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Brad
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspection Sticker location?

My state requires State Inspection. Where on a Super Glide is the sticker to be placed - I'd like it to be placed in the least conspicuous place.

Thanks, Brad

Old 04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Inspection Sticker location?

My bike has a plate that mounts to the bottom of the license plate bracket. That's where the inspection sticker goes. Looks like crap, but there's really no other place to put it.

Old 04-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Move to Alabama.

No inspections here.
Which can be good, and can also be really bad.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Old 04-28-2005, 12:53 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior

When I got my bike mine was 'hidden' and a friendly (actually was) trooper told me that it had to be in close proximity to the license plate, gave me a website address, shook my hand, complemented me on my bike and left. I ordered an inspection plate from J&P….

Inspection.
All motor vehicles registered in Texas, including motorcycles, motor scooters, and mopeds, must be inspected each year at an official motor vehicle inspection station. When the motorcycle passes inspection, an approved certificate must be placed near the rear license plate. These certificates are good for one year from the month of inspection.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:37 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

I have to keep a DOD sticker on my bike. I have a metal plate that I use, bolted on where teh crash bars bolt on to the frame at the bottom of the bike. It's not stuck to my bike, and it's not the first thing you see, either.

Mac

Old 04-29-2005, 01:27 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Geez, Tex! Thanks for reminding me. Mine expired in March. I have it mounted on the back of my right saddlebag, so it is "near" the plate, but kinda hidden. Which is probably a good thing since I've been runnin' with it expired all month.

Almost forgot a nice little trick if'n you really can't stand mounting the thing. "Break" the bracket, and put it in your saddle bag or tool pouch. If you get stopped, show it to the nice ossifer, tell 'im it's broke, and you'll get it fixed ASAP. Dang harleys and their vibration!

Old 04-29-2005, 03:11 AM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive always put my park sticker (no inspection in Wisconsin) on the back side of the plate or the plate bracket, that way it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb yet it's easy to see if you look for it. Any time I was ever stoped for no sticker and then showed it to them they had no problem's with it being there, they all pretty much said that it's hard to find a good place to put one on a bike.

J.B.

Old 04-29-2005, 10:23 AM
illinimeats
Cruiser

We have inspection in Missouri; I often wonder how some of the vehicles passed, considering the trouble I have had with my newer truck and SUV in the past. On motorcycles I have seen them on the down tube and on the middle triple tree. I think, don't quote me on this, the stickers have to be visible.

illinimeats

Old 04-29-2005, 12:07 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mines on a plate that is attached to the license plate holder. I'll have to check and see when it's going to expire.

Old 04-29-2005, 05:19 PM
05FXD
Road Captain

Here in New York it has to be on either the left fork leg or left frame down tube . Inspection plates are illegal here []

Quick Reply: Inspection Sticker location?