General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin Cam vs Evo ... at what price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Hitecrednek
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twin Cam vs Evo ... at what price?

the 88B is the best engine ever! I am very sensitive to vibration, and yet can ride my FXST all day with little problem; the only soreness is from sitting in one position for a long time, the engine is so smooth that its vibration isn't a factor.

its smoother than a BMW that I had, smoother than the twin in a V-Strom that I had and it might even be smoother than my car!

and the best thing is that that Harley did using an air-cooled motor; the jap bikes need to be liquid cooled! No ugly radiatior hanging off the front.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Deucefx
3rd Gear

The 94 ststd will probably be more rough riding...I overheard one say that they are like riding a three wheel wagon. the 2001 should have the TC88B engine [counter balanced], It is a very smooth vibration free engine...also a bit more power and if it has fuel injection that is a plus, You might want to ask if the camshaft issue was taken care of..if I am not in error HD had some problrms with the cam shaft assembly in 2001 with the 88 engines. In any regards, ride out a tank of gas and see how you feel.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:50 AM
d42s
Cruiser

Hey Eliems, Welcome to the Forum. I think you picked up a good deal. I live in Delta and I couldn't even find the bike I wanted in the lowermainland. I had to drive down to Seattle to a dealership to find a bike. I picked up an ex-rental 05 RoadKing with 10,000 miles on it for $16,500 US. It had every thing I wanted, pearl paint, security system, pipes and stage 1, oh and just had it's 10k service with new rubber and brakes slapped on her, like a brand new bike only just broken in. By the time i got it home across the border I'm into it for $22,500 can. including all the taxes. And I thought that was a smoking deal.
Have fun riding once the summer weather gets here and Sturgis here I come

Old 06-03-2006, 11:04 AM
nobody
Cruiser

I think that you need to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.You cant compare a Heritage to a softail standard,regardless of age.I want to see all these TIN Cans when they are 10 or 15 yrs old,when all the chains are flogged out and all the electrics for the Fuel injection have had time to corrode terminals and create havoc,anyone seeen what moisture does to modern car engines?At least with an evo it feels like a Harley and not like a nice smooth Japper Clone.Owning an evo Heritage and having ridden a Tin Can Heritage a few times,I won't be getting off the Evo any time soon.And $4000 dollars would have got you and Evo that would run away from an 88TC.

Just my view on life !!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7663/718CE8701714412C96C36CE29574D487.jpg[/IMG]