General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turned Away By Army MP's

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:43 AM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
play nice gentlemen......
Low blow confed and you know what happens in political, stays in political.
There's a thread about it in there i believe.

I'll play nice schu. I'm done with him anyway.

Last edited by confederate; 08-02-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:51 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Their world, their rules!

Old 08-02-2009, 12:13 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
Who have you ever seen, first hand be forced to pay medical care following a non line of duty accident/injury? The same question about the life denying the SGLI. Have ever read the policy?
Me. Tri-care put a lien on my settlement for close to 14K because of an accident I had. And they got it all. This accident was no fault of mine.

Last edited by sonar_chris; 08-02-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:14 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne06
I believe it's an unwritten custom and a generally accepted fact that only USAF and select Navy personnel wear assless chaps...sometimes even when riding their motorcycles.
LOL, that's 'cause if'n the airborne didn't cover their lower pucker-hole the wind whistlin' up through the body cavity and comin' out their ears would give 'em away during those stealth jumps!

Old 08-02-2009, 12:21 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They got it all from you or from the insurance agency? Parts of settlement are to cover medical care. They always asked my wife if she had any other insurance at the army hospital, it is policy to bill private carriers.
I ask who has had to pay their bill because they were not wearing the required equipment or a compatible offence. You example does not fit because they would of billed the guys insurance company regardless.
As an example, I was in a GSA car, I got hit in the rear end at a red light. I was ordered when I got back to my station to go to the army hospital and get checked out, just in case. A couple of days later I got a call and had to go in to provide the girls insurance information so they could bill them. You just feel it was taken from you because it came out of your settlement, when it would of never been paid to you in the first place.

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
Me. Tri-care put a lien on my settlement for close to 14K because of an accident I had. And they got it all.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:48 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
They got it all from you or from the insurance agency? Parts of settlement are to cover medical care. They always asked my wife if she had any other insurance at the army hospital, it is policy to bill private carriers.
I ask who has had to pay their bill because they were not wearing the required equipment or a compatible offence. You example does not fit because they would of billed the guys insurance company regardless.
As an example, I was in a GSA car, I got hit in the rear end at a red light. I was ordered when I got back to my station to go to the army hospital and get checked out, just in case. A couple of days later I got a call and had to go in to provide the girls insurance information so they could bill them. You just feel it was taken from you because it came out of your settlement, when it would of never been paid to you in the first place.

Medical care is covered by medical insurance, which is what Tri-care provides. It has nothing to do with the settlement that I got. If I was covered by any civilian insurance company I wouldn't have had to pay them anything as that is the point of insurance, to cover you for medical bills. My settlement was for pain, suffering and loss. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:59 PM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't know about today but back in 77, when I was active duty AF, I wrecked my bike and severly dislocated both shoulders. Not only did the AF bill my insurance for my medical bills I received an article 15 for taking part in a non approved activity. Aint that some sh*t.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:18 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As a 24 year active Army Vet, civilains don't have the right to go onto a military base just because they want to. It doesn't matter if you're a taxpayer, soldiers pay the same taxes you do. There job is the security of this country, and if you can't follow the rules of the post, then go somewhere else and whine, like Starbucks! I know when I go onto Fort Hood, exactly what I have to have when I get to the gate, I show it, (with my reflective vest), and am polite, and always get "have a nice day Frist Sergeant" when they let me through.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:30 PM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my career, and through many years of command, I never saw, initiated nor approved a Line Of Duty "NO" determination which is required to make someone pay for medical care. Not that there weren't plenty of soldier self-inflicted wounds that they should have paid for but, that's just no way to make it right.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:31 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by scottwilliamson
I don't know about today but back in 77, when I was active duty AF, I wrecked my bike and severly dislocated both shoulders. Not only did the AF bill my insurance for my medical bills I received an article 15 for taking part in a non approved activity. Aint that some sh*t.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this article prevents you from gettin any head and also eatin some puddy pie. I wonder how many actually follow that rule. Let's hear from those who so fervently agree with the biker dress code on base about that.

Quick Reply: Turned Away By Army MP's