Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor cycle Audio

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Motor cycle Audio

Has anyone seen or heard these in person?

http://www.pyleaudio.com/el.asp?model=PLMCA60

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:47 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,334 Likes on 2,526 Posts

they look kinda small, not sure what kind of bass you're gonna get out of them. but then again, at 70 mph+, you don't hear a lot of bass anyway.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

They look similar to the Hog Tunes I tried earlier this year. Mine were underpowered and I couldn't hear much of anything above 50 mph. Fortunately, Freedom Cycle in South Bend took them back with no hassle.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:31 PM
GaCracker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a set of kuryakyn speaker system on a friends hert. Soft tail he said he could here them at 70

Old 08-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Matrix
Road Master

I just figured 300 watts behind a windshield should be very loud.

I have no experience with their motorcycle audio, but I do have experience with the automotive line of Pyle products and they are exceptional. I hope their motorcycle products live up to my expectation. The should be here by the 5th. I will have to fabricate some thing to put the amp in as the underneath of the seat is already jam packed with a Vance and Hines Fuel Pak and a rear turn brake module.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:39 AM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I dunno, I'd like to see a review too...

FWIW, I googled them looking for an installed picture anywhere, and could not find one, but did notice the already inexpensive price was even cheaper elsewhere, like $115 and up at a LOT of various retailers. Interesting.

If it's half way decent, that's pretty cheap, but the low price almost concerns me, considering most well thought of competitors like J&M, Unique or others are $250-$500.

I like how it states it has an integrated usb charger, like to see more about that, and how that mount works, would like to see it all installed on something.

I bought a set of the newer model J&M units, I liked how they integrated into the bars mounting on the controls. I like the smaller bullets, but was concerned how they would sound. I can still hear the J&M's up to about 80 w/ or w/out the shield on the RKC, sounds better up to about 70 or so, and can hear gps commands pretty well up to about 70. I'd like to see how it turns out for ya...

The J&M's are only like 80 watts, 40 x 2 I think, but I kept hearing people say they sounded better than comparable offerings from other companies w 100 or 200 watt amps, while the j&m's are self amplified, mini amps in each speaker box. So I don't know, I can't even recall another bullet speaker design claiming 300 watts, even half that it should sound pretty good, if well made...

Last edited by karz10; 08-04-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Matrix
Road Master

Once they are installed I will get back with a few pictures and a report on the set up. Maybe even a video. I agree they didn't cost very much $149 shipped. It seems that these are a new product (not sure) and maybe Pyle has them really cheap to try to get their foot in the door in the motorcycle audio industry. Like I said, I hope to install them where the entire unit can be detatchable.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:41 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the link i will check them out i have been checking out the cycle sounds saw them at a ralley on a bike and tent they had set up and they sounded good http://www.cyclesounds.com//index.ph...fb3e22b8ec4795

But the ones you posted are a better price and more watts

Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Cool

Pyle speaker system is installed. I'll get some pictures and maybe a video at a later time.

It was a direct plug and play on my 06 Dyna Street Bob, the extra wire was quite a task getting them very nice and neat. I am very impressed with the system. It is very loud, even at and above highway speeds and looks very good on the bike. I was very concerned with how they would look on the bike but they look very good.

It may be that I am just hyped up but I think that they sound better or as good as my friends Ultra with four speakers and a 80 watt Harley amp.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great Matrix, keep your report going as i plan to do this add on over the winter and the pyle system cost wise is alot better than what i have found so if all works out and your pics look good its what i will end up going with as well.

Quick Reply: Motor cycle Audio