General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikes and beards?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 04:36 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bikes and beards?

A goatee is the most I can hope for. Just don't have much else. I'm jealous of those guys that can grow a big fat Saddam Hussein mustache in a couple days.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:46 PM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have grown the stache, had a full beard one winter. Then I came to the conclusion, "Damn, I am pretty, why do I want to cover up that icon of rugged masculinity?" So I go clean shaven for the time being. Don't worry. I won't post a pic. I would hate to scare off new members.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:05 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior

I am 58 and have had a beard since long before I got a Harley - but not too long after I got a bike. Had it most of the past 30-35 years. Every 4-7 years, I shave it off for about 3-6 months and then grow it back.
Mnay, many years ago (about 32 years), after being married for about 3 years and it being rather long ans straggly, I shaved it off for a job interview. My ex-wife took one look at my face and started to cry. I guess that was te first time that I realized that we were headed for the Bid D. Took her 12 more years, until she finally decided that she couldn't stand my face whether I had facial hair or not.
Current and hopefully last wife likes me much better with a beard and tolerates a Goatee. On the whole, however, she says that Goatees look to her like a P*ssy. Art

Old 05-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Gadget
Tourer

After having to shave damn near every day of my life for 25+ years, I stopped after I retired from the USAF last year. Stopped cutting my hair too. It's nice to be able to to that...wanted to cut the pony tail off and shave my head but the wife likes the pony so it's staying for now...I did trim the face though cause it long enough that it sand blasted my face at highway speeds...Now I'm in the process of earning a math education degree so I expect I'll have to cut the hair and trim the beard neatly when I go for the job interviews somewhere down the road...once I get "tenured" - its all coming back...

Old 05-27-2006, 04:24 AM
Finalcut
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spent 14 years in a job that made me go clean shaved every day.
By the time I quit and grew my first goat - it had grey in it!
Oh well - I still like having one!

Old 05-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Protrucker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Finalcut

Spent 14 years in a job that made me go clean shaved every day.
By the time I quit and grew my first goat - it had grey in it!
Oh well - I still like having one!

Try Grecian 5........it'll make you look years younger!

And they say men aren't vain!!![sm=yikesomg.gif]

I've had some sort of facial hair most of my adult life. I used to grow a beard for the winters & shave it off for the summers. Then I tried leaving it on for the summer. There was a period that I grew just a handlebar & another period when I let the beard grow without cutting it for a couple years. It got to be about half way down my chest. The same as a couple guys already mentioned, I trimmed the beard short to go for a new job & never let grow real long again, but kept a full beard. One day I grabbed my beard trimmer to spruce up a little bit & didn't notice that my son had removed the length attachment before I started trimming. [sm=wtf.gif]That's when my goatee happened. I liked it & have kept it. Right now, the goatee & my eyebrows are the only hair left! The rest is shaved every day.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:35 PM
thumper 29
Outstanding HDF Member

I have been thinking about a goatee, have had a mustash for...well for since I was in high school.
Only problem now is if I do not color up the stash, it is solid white, not grey white. Looks like I
keep drinking milk all day unless I color it some. I would probably have to do the same if I decide
to do the goatee.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Pauljr
Cruiser

Come on guys face it. We can't grow hair on our heads anymore. The hair only grows on our ***, back and face.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Softbutt
Tourer

I do the tee here, wife wont let me shave it!!!! Shes say i look wierd with out it!!!!

Old 05-31-2006, 01:00 AM
springerlady02
Outstanding HDF Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Quick Reply: Bikes and beards?