Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad State of affairs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Mr. Incognito
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad State of affairs.

So here I am in Florida, Home of Bike Week and Biketober fest, a state with a million guys and gals with bikes, and yet I cant seem convince any of my friends to buy a bike! Dont get me wrong I enjoy riding alone, but sometimes I would love to take a ride with other people. You know for the whole shared experience thing, someone who "gets it" and has experienced "it" themselves.
It's sad story you know. I know one other guy who rides. We went out to buy him a Triumph Boneville after I got my Harley, I thought it was going to be great you know rides up to Daytona during the rallies, a cruise down A1A to check out the scenery on the weekends, but the guy never wanted to go any further than Dunkin' Donuts to drink coffee and complain about our work place! I dont know man, its kinda depressing I guess. Dont get me wrong, I like Donuts and coffee, and I am not a big fan of work, but I just wish I could find people who want to ride a little further than 5 minutes away to stuff our faces with Boston Cream and warm our stomaches with coffee. You know maybe go to a diffrent Dunkin Donuts or better yet stop at various Dunkin Donuts in one day, to break up the monotony of Donut munching and coffee sipping! Hell I am flexable how about someplace other than Dunkin Donuts! LOL. Am I alone here or does anyone else have this problem?

Old 05-25-2006, 01:55 PM
mrghos
Road Master
Default RE: Sad State of affairs.

I'm can dig that. I just bought my EGS two weeks ago and have yet to find some folks to ride with. I am just going to start hanging out at the dealerships and I am sure someone will reveal themselves... I live no more than an hours drive from the GA mountains and there are a lot of bikers up there so hopefully I wont be in my slol riding predicament too much longer...

Old 05-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Caston
Advanced

I'm pretty lucky here near Tallahassee, I got my bike about the same time a buddy got his. We go to Apalachicola ( Little over an hour away) along the gulf often. It's a great ride. I still enjoy going by myself most, but it is nice to have others go too.
Life is Good

Caston

Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

never wanted to go any further than Dunkin' Donuts to drink coffee
He should have bought a Honda!

I would come and ride with you, but I'm 1200 miles away so I won't be there until Monday...LOL

Old 05-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

Join your local HOG!

Old 05-25-2006, 02:40 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Given that dilema, I suggest you check out your local HOG chapter.... see when they have dinner rides or other events & activities. Next thing ya know, you won't there will be too many rides to make them all.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:42 PM
redscout
Road Captain

I have that problem too... Only one other guy at work rides and he's a younger guy with small kids, so can never get out much. My best friend has a Softtail, but lives about an hour away and only gets every other weekend without his kids... Then there's the problem of compatibility (as in your Dunkin Donuts guy)... And I'm really not into the Poker Run thing where they all ride together (although the ones where they give you directions and send you off on your own aren't too bad)...

Can't find a compatible woman and can't find a compatible co-rider...

Old 05-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Mr. Incognito
Advanced

Actually If I can get first shift at my place of employment I intend to join my local HOG chapter but as of right now I really cant do anything with them as all their meetings are on tuesdays....starting after I go to work I think that most of their rides are weekdays after I go to work as well.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Mr. Incognito
Advanced

Redscout; funny thing is the guy in question is the older guy about 54 or so and I am 30 with the young kid, but my wife is understanding, and knows I really want to ride more. lucky me!

Old 05-25-2006, 02:52 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah....most of my friends are pu$$ies too and won't buy a bike because their old lady won't let them. My wife is less needy and doesn't put a leash on me. But I have a few neighbors who ride and they have taken me along. So, I am not alone. But I really understand what you are talking about. What I have decided to do is make some new friends......I mean WTF? why wait around for your existing friends who drool over motorcycles to grow some ***** and go get one....that will never happen. I'm looking forward....life is too damn short....JMHO

Quick Reply: Sad State of affairs.