Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad State of affairs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 06:36 PM
DelcoDyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sad State of affairs.

I put about 12,000 miles per year on my bikes. I would siy I ride alone about 60% of the time. That being said, some moments are best shared with friends, so I can understand the plight of those who always HAVE TO ride alone.

Riding solo should be an option, not a sentence.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Stumpman
Tourer

I'm here in FL and don't have that problem, the only problem I have is getting my bike to stay running long enough to ride the darn thing or have it here so I can ride. It stays at the dealership more the past month then it has been at my house.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:08 PM
CDLDRUM
5th Gear

Yeah guess I was! I'm sure to do it again.
ORIGINAL: DragonNester

ORIGINAL: CDLDRUM

My problem with the Harley crowd is they only want to go to the bars and stop have a brew and go to the next bar and do the same.
I'm aginst drinking and driveing of any sort, period! 1500 & $15000 doesn't make you a biker.
Stereotyping are we?
Most of my friends ride Harleys and most would rather be on the bike rather than on a bar stool

Old 05-25-2006, 08:27 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I just fell in with a bad crowd.

They are a bunch of ridin' fools.

Ride rain or shine and only stop when the ice hits the roads.

I started riding by myself when I first got my 03 Heritage Classic cuz I figured I was probably a hazard to be around. But after three months I started going to the local HOG meetings / rides. Met some people who would rather ride than eat.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:45 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 212 Likes on 131 Posts

Man, pick up a Dixie Biker or Southern Rider mag and check out some of the bike nights. You'll find people to ride with no problem. Lot's of things going on. Besides, the easiest thing to do if you don't want to ride alone is to find a hot babe to occupy that fender space. And remember, the only thing that sounds better than a Harley, is 2 Harleys. Ride Safe.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:12 AM
Tonyp
Advanced

I've been through this, first with snowmobiles then bikes. When I had a snowmobile none of my friends had one, then after I got rid of it they all bought new sleds. By then I was in to street riding on sportbikes, about 5 years later some of them got bikes. By the time they got bikes I was so used to riding alone that I didn't have much tolerance for whiners and their sore asses.

So now I have a Harley, I hardly ever see any of those guys anymore let alone ride with them. It's fine with me.

Now I am planning a nice solo 2 week trip to California and back in July, take the time to ride some of the area's I didn't get to ride last year. I get to go where I want at whatever pace I want, no one to slow me down or hold me back.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Mr. Incognito
Advanced

well thanks for all the replys guys, I am sure something will come up.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:16 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I understand what you are going through about the riding alone thing. Since the HOG thing was already mentiioned, I won't go there. I have spent most of my life riding alone, so it's no big deal to me to continue on that way. One thing that worked for me. It was kind of by accident, but the place that I used to buy my gas from has an attendent that also rides. They stopped selling gas and now sell espresso. I still visit him and he wants to ride sometime. Maybe when you have some time off, it wouldn't hurt to ride around and see where some of the other bikers are hanging out and stop there and try to make friends with them. I work 6-7 days a week so I understand what you are saying about trying to make time to do things with others. Good luck on finding somebody to ride with.