Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad State of affairs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 02:52 PM
CDLDRUM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sad State of affairs.

My problem with the Harley crowd is they only want to go to the bars and stop have a brew and go to the next bar and do the same.
I'm aginst drinking and driveing of any sort, period! 1500 & $15000 doesn't make you a biker.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:58 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Lots of guys dont D&D. I have gone to bike nights where some of the MC Club guys I went with are mostly LEO's and they drink iced tea. So, go to the bar and get a non-alcoholic beer. If anybody razzes you give them the salute.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Mr. Incognito
Advanced

Well I dont need to ride with the "Harley Crowd" per se' just people who enjoy to ride. As I mentioned the guy I was riding with before had his Triumph, just sadly enough he dont want to do anything but sit and eat

Old 05-25-2006, 03:12 PM
DelcoDyna
Cruiser

Wow. You guys seem to have it tough.

Luckily, I live in an area where there are plenty of riders and plenty of places to ride. I have a number of friends who ride and our most difficult chore is trying to put together group rides when evrybody is off. We're at the point wahere a minority will do (that usually makes for about 10 riders). In out township (7,000 people) there must be 500 harleys.

I am very fortunate, as well, that my wife rides. She is my favoirte riding buddy. Doens't matter who leads, we both know each other's moves so well, that there is never a question that the tailgunner is looking out for you.

That being said. There is something to be said for the local HOG chapter. There is also something to be said for Poker runs and events at the Local Indy shops.

Are there places where bikers congregate? The don't have to be bars...a dam? roads through the mountains, etc????

Have you guys posted in the appropriate area forums looking for riders and events?

Just my $0.02

Old 05-25-2006, 03:20 PM
ecvjohn
Banned

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

Lots of guys dont D&D. I have gone to bike nights where some of the MC Club guys I went with are mostly LEO's and they drink iced tea. So, go to the bar and get a non-alcoholic beer. If anybody razzes you give them the salute.
I'm one of those guys, seems everyone wants to stop for a beer. I go along I just chose to have a Coke.
I get razzed all of the time but I just tell them to F. Off, when they walk in my shoes they can decide what I do.

As far as riding most of the people around here seem to want to go Starbucks to Starbucks, I'll go once in a while but most of the time I ride alone.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:43 PM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CDLDRUM

My problem with the Harley crowd is they only want to go to the bars and stop have a brew and go to the next bar and do the same.
I'm aginst drinking and driveing of any sort, period! 1500 & $15000 doesn't make you a biker.
Stereotyping are we?
Most of my friends ride Harleys and most would rather be on the bike rather than on a bar stool

Old 05-25-2006, 05:13 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I gave up on the crowd here. I ride where I want, when I want with my wife on back. I just get a map, we pick a general direction, and off we go. If you are not involved with one of the local groups to take part in the weekly 'parade' ride, you're on your own. Hell, I don't like people anyway

Old 05-25-2006, 05:26 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I ride alone. Stop when you want. Set your own pace. Turn left when you want to turn left.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:56 PM
anniv03classic
Tourer

Maybe an area can be set up on this website that riders who would like to meet up with other local riders can post their situation and location.

I, too, am a fairly new rider who hasn't found anyone to ride with. Solo is ok, but it could be better riding to places someone might know of that I don't.

How about it moderators? A rider meeting spot

Old 05-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto Whaap: I left home this morn at 6am, rode my '05 RKC to Searchlight, NV, had breakfast at the Nugget, rode thru Nipton to Mt. Pass,CA then back thru Primm, NV to Jean, NV, sat on the bike and watched Gliders and Parachute jumpers for a little while then rode to I-215 and turned East to home. 132 miles and 3 hours. All alone and very happy to be riding such a great bike on such a nice morning. Wifey couldn't go today because of a previous appointment. I am not about to not ride just because someone else can't ride with me. .............. BC

Quick Reply: Sad State of affairs.