General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Death

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:10 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I say we start a new category called "killed on a motorcycle". Remind me not to open it.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:12 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
I say we start a new category called "killed on a motorcycle". Remind me not to open it.
+1 'xactly

Old 07-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Bobby Joe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy guys the guys got a right to post anything he wants as long as it fits the rules. Fact is there is this thing that happens to you when riding the freeway. All of us have felt it at one time or another. Your riding along for a good length of time at freeway speeds and you go to exit and holy crap your smokin when you come off the freeway. It's the mind playing tricks on you. Time in the saddle teaches you about these grimlins and how to deal with them. He probably paniced, I did my first time. Bottom line is we will never know. It is a shame for his family, they are hurting and thats the hard part. Like you said new bike. gotta get the feel.

I didn't know the guy but he was a fellow biker and I hate it when we loose anyone untimley. May he rest in peace

Bobby Joe

Old 07-27-2009, 02:49 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Smile

Really have to here the hole story before judging this one. I have thought sometimes that if when my time comes up on the bike would be a nice way to go. My condolences to the family, May he rest in peace.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:05 PM
HD_Maxima
Cruiser

Originally Posted by frog13
I get it now, went back and read a few Chicago Bob posts. First Harley, new rider, still don't have a clue, fast on the keyboard, ain't got time to learn what it's all about, after all, he gots himself a new Harley, so he's cool now.
Obviously based on your post count you have a ton more experience with the keyboard. Lets see, you have averaged a about 75 posts a month compared to Chicago bob, who is averaging 33 posts per month. Yep, you are definitely more experienced. I am guessing that he is out riding his new harley while you monitor his posts and coolness. You're a DORK!

Old 07-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Chicago Bob
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 2 Posts

I propose we close this thread!

Old 07-27-2009, 03:28 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Bob
I propose we close this thread!
I'll go along with that and Chicago Bob, I apologize for being harsh. I am old school, proud of it and you'll find from a lot of the old guys, out of respect for fallen brothers, this is not something brought up lightly, regardless of the cause. A bike down is a bike down, doesn't matter how it happened, it is one less bike able to ride the next day. Sure, maybe it was his fault, but we all make mistakes, misjudge and we only hope bad chit never happens, but it does and we should all be respectful of that. Just my $.02.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

We learn from our mistakes, some more than others.
Sad thing is some don't get a second chance to keep learning cause the mistake is life ending.

when I used to teach our safety classes at work, I told our trainees that ofter we can live through a single mistake, but when we do two or three things wrong at the same time, that is when we can pay dearly..

Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Always a tragedy to see the loss of a riding brother. Fault be damned, it's a shame, and it could happen to any of us with all the knuckleheads out there. I pulled up on some chick in the next lane texting while driving! She was all over the road. Crap like that gets folks killed. And if you don't have a cage to protect ya, it can happen pretty fast.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM
rockDAWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by frog13
Sure, maybe it was his fault, but we all make mistakes, misjudge and we only hope bad chit never happens, but it does and we should all be respectful of that. Just my $.02.
I agree. He already paid the ultimate price. If he made the mistake, he sure knows it now. It is the compassion that makes us all human. I feel for his family and may him RIP.

Last edited by rockDAWG; 07-27-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Death