Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Fitted Ear Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks for the input everyone. I reckon I'll run these by the hearing aid shop to see if there is a better alternative that will let a bit more sound through but still keep it at a safe level. It really bugs me not being able to hear the engine and pipes.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:32 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,518 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by edeluxe07
I've been wearing custom plugs for 2 years now...wouldn't use anything else at this point...have no problems hearing what I need to hear...engine, voices...traffic, etc...

Same hear. I wear them all the time when riding & they cut the wind noise but I can hear everything else fine. I can even talk on my cell with them on.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I won't ride without them. I can hear the bike when I really get on it, and that's fine. I can ride all day and not be deaf when I'm done, and that's a really good thing.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:01 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

BTW, mine are from Big Ear Inc. & were 65.00 at the MC show.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:58 PM
doghair
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this style. I push them all the way in then back out just enough to start hearing again. It allows you to hear your engine and cagers in your blind spot but really knocks down the wind noise. Bonus is they are really cheap so I can lose them often.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:20 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by doghair
Try this style. I push them all the way in then back out just enough to start hearing again. It allows you to hear your engine and cagers in your blind spot but really knocks down the wind noise. Bonus is they are really cheap so I can lose them often.

I used similar ones for a few years until I got the molded ones. The molds are far superior & more comfortable for me.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:51 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got molded ones but for some reason could never get them to stay "sealed"....anyway I find that a good set of high quality foam ones work just as well as the custom ones ever did. I hear my bike up till hiway cruising speeds then just a bit of gentle wind noise; perfect.

As far as knowing what gear I'm in I just sorta know cuz after first comes second, then third and so on......when the lever stops going up then I'm in sixth.....never really found counting from 1 to 6 and back again all that difficult.........but that's just me.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:59 PM
eyes.to.zion
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A local company that does custom molded ear plugs and ear buds etc. is Ayzan.

www.ayzancustom.com

They are based out of Spokane Valley, WA and are knowledgeable about anything you need custom molded for your ears.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doghair

I cut the string but those r like wht I use . I lose plugs now and then , so cheap and easy works for me and they work good . I even carry spares incase I lose a set or a buddy does , c'mon I cant be the only one who has forgot to pu plugs in after gassing up and had to stick em in going down th road lol

Old 01-08-2011, 11:00 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i went to a hearing aid center and had some customs made fifty bucks, best investment i ever made those wearing those cheap foam ones are on crack, there worthless

Quick Reply: Custom Fitted Ear Plugs