General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those not impressed with the 2010's

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
So far, that is the best post in this thread.

For everyone who is pissing & moaning about what the new bikes look like, someone is laughing at YOUR bike, and saying the same thing.

Guess what... That's why they have options!

In the past couple years, I've seen people say they didn't like the Rocker, and the CrossBones, just as an example.

After seeing the same models with some mods on them, that same crowd of haters now say the bikes look sweet.

Softy riders don't like Baggers, who don't like Sportys, who don't like...
sorry but there is NOTHING you could do to the rocker to make me like it. my bet is that bike will be fazed out within a year or two...they already started by taking the "cheaper" of the two out.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by stevengb
sorry but there is NOTHING you could do to the rocker to make me like it. my bet is that bike will be fazed out within a year or two...they already started by taking the "cheaper" of the two out.
Thank You for making my point, Steve.

Some people would look at your bike and say the same thing. There is nothing you can do to make some like your bike. It's an ugly POS.

Others would say the same about mine.

Hence, options.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:25 AM
ALPHA_MALE
Tourer

Kept the train ...i think they will regret that move

Old 07-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holly sht. That can't be a wide glide not matter what they say. Looks it was made from left over "EXTRA" parts

Old 07-26-2009, 09:34 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
Thank You for making my point, Steve.

Some people would look at your bike and say the same thing. There is nothing you can do to make some like your bike. It's an ugly POS.

Others would say the same about mine.

Hence, options.

Youre absolutely right...the thing is it seems like they are making less options....anyone can change things up by robbing pieces from one model and rigging it to the next. Harley pays their engineers a healthy price I would imagine. I just expect more than visual changes from a company that is or was known for some innovation. These "new changes" that they've introduced this year is more about eye candy and with the changing economic times and stringent epa standards I personally expected something more than playing dress up.
As far as others not liking my bike...I like it and that's all that matters. Harley on the other hand should pay more attention to what their customers like....and from the other threads on this forum...they're not doing their homework and that's what I'm saying.
I would suggest that the op was for those that aren't blown away...state what it would have taken. You either haven't yet stated that or you are preaching on the wrong thread.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:23 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by frankjake
Give some realistic ideas on what YOU would have liked to have seen. What could they have done to impress you?
Personsally I didn't care for the deletion of the tail light on the Street Glide and Road Glide models. It looks like something is conspiciously missing from the fender.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:23 AM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As I said in another thread on this subject. Ho-hum! Not impressed. They should have offered an option for a liquid (not water) cooled Touring bike. They should have offered the foreign model Sporty here in the States. They should have offered a completely new style bagger like a Vrod bagger or a totally redesigned "slammed" bagger. They should have dealt with the heat issues like they did the 5th gear whine. They should have left the taillights alone on the baggers, and more than anything else, they definitely should have returned the Wide Glide to us in a recognizable form. What a POS.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Badasstrike
Tourer

Still waiting for the Captain of America edition so I don't have to buy a flag to mount, then everybody can galk at my tank.