General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley site updated 2010 models.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 01:19 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stevengb
sounds like you have some bitchin of your own...oh..I see...when you have a dislike..it's just an opinion...not bitchin....I was just giving my .02 also....it's called an opinion too...even if you don't agree! Harley is the one who likes the shroud of secrecy...to help build the momentum of the mood....I just expected more technology....I can get a custom paint job about anywhere and a hell of a lot cheaper.

C'mon, Steve. Judging from your sig pic, you've been around awhile. Other than EFI and now a six speed tranny, how much technology did you really expect from H-D?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:19 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I'll take one of those "Ultra Limiteds" please!

Old 07-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Mk1Racer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with several of the others, I don't like the new WG. To me, one of the critical styling elements of the WG (besides the front end) was the bobtail fender. That, and boat loads of chrome! I won't be running down to trade my '04 in.

Also, no Dyna Low Rider?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:39 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, sad to see the low rider go.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Kanebanger
Road Captain

Man, what a disappointment, I need to stop getting excited by all the rumor talk on here. None of it was true.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:51 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the new Fat Boy and Road Guide will sell good.
Tom

Old 07-25-2009, 01:51 PM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I like that ultra also, I don't think Harley did all that bad considering the economy. Most prices stayed the same which is good I guess.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Cola Harley
Cruiser

1) I really like that they blacked out the motor again on the SB. I also like the new paint options too.
2) I love the chopped fender on the wide glide. Never cared for the bobtail fender.

I'm actually looking to buy a bike in January and right now it's a toss up between the 2010 Streetbob and the 2010 WideGlide.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:11 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stevengb
nothing earth shattering...just re arrange what you've already got basically. I'd say all the much adue about nothing. Those screamin eagle ultra's paint jobs are beginning to look too cartoonish. Flames are getting old....real old.......what happened to all the watercooling that some were talking about? I love my harley...but it's time to retire Willie and his boutique staff....Let's get some real earth shattering stuff going....not just flippin paints and parts between all the same old models and calling them new. I know, I know....blasphemy.....but you know it's truer than you'd like. I was actually excited to see what they'd do...but it's just a new version of last year...and the year before.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I think Harley is being smart. When another motorcycle brand, like Victory, comes out with models with new and innovative styling, just look how they get trashed here. The traditional styling of Harleys is one of the things about them that appeals to me. I don't think I'm alone in that either. To be honest with the economy the way it is, a lot of their choices don't surprise me at all. Judging from the pictures on their website, I personally like the new Wide Glide. There are things about it that could be better, like the exhaust, but that is true about a lot of the models. I think they are also trying to appeal to a younger crowd with the dark costums. Plus blacked out bikes are cheaper to produce and they can sell them for a lower price. The new WG is $14.999 if I'm remembering corectly from the website, where as the MSRP on the 08 which was chromed out was over 17k.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:18 PM
2K1FLHPI
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Other than the Fat Boy Lo, I am pretty underwhelmed.

I am also pretty confused. Why offer "dark custom" style bikes and then slap chrome on the engines and/or transmissions? HD has been doing that for a while now and it seems completely asswards to me.

Bikes with black denim paint look much better with wrinkle black components compared to chrome.

Quick Reply: Harley site updated 2010 models.