General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley site updated 2010 models.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:02 PM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

CVO Softail Convertible has some new and interesting stuff
Didn't see that coming...

Old 07-25-2009, 12:07 PM
SVTNate
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as a guy who doesn't own a Harley currently and has been waiting.... I'm pretty excited.

The Street Bob got its black engine back, which is what I was hoping for.
The Night Train got replaced by a blacked out Fat Boy, which is what I was hoping for.

Now the problem is deciding which one to buy! When will these new bikes be hitting showrooms?

Old 07-25-2009, 12:08 PM
NOLAMike
Road Master

zzzzzzzzzz

Old 07-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
Is the tail light at the very bottom of the fender (three lines of LEDS) on the road glide?
After looking again, I think you are correct. Those 3 lines DO look like lights. Still don't see it on the WG though...

Old 07-25-2009, 12:19 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Overall, I think they did a nice job. The changes are primarily cosmetic but given the sh@tty state of the economy and the outlook ahead, what did you expect??? It's obvious that unemployment is going to continue to rise given the wisdom of our collective leaders (idiots) who run this country. HD has to balance investment back into the product line with the prospects of selling significantly fewer bikes in 2010.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:27 PM
QS78
Tourer

Originally Posted by stevengb
nothing earth shattering...just re arrange what you've already got basically. I'd say all the much adue about nothing. Those screamin eagle ultra's paint jobs are beginning to look too cartoonish. Flames are getting old....real old.......what happened to all the watercooling that some were talking about? I love my harley...but it's time to retire Willie and his boutique staff....Let's get some real earth shattering stuff going....not just flippin paints and parts between all the same old models and calling them new. I know, I know....blasphemy.....but you know it's truer than you'd like. I was actually excited to see what they'd do...but it's just a new version of last year...and the year before.
+1

Come on HARLEY it is 2010, where all the technology !!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:30 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm surprised they have so many new CVO bikes with the economy and all. I'm not impressed with any of the bikes. Looks like they took a bunch of parts off of different models and slapped them on different bikes. YAWN...

Old 07-25-2009, 12:53 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
After looking again, I think you are correct. Those 3 lines DO look like lights. Still don't see it on the WG though...
Follow this link, then click on "taillights" near the bottom. Then click on "details" to the right.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...fxdwg/features

Old 07-25-2009, 12:54 PM
reds2harleys
Tourer

Just MO but whats with all the bitchin - Harley knows what sells. They rarely make major changes and I like that. Stick with what works. Heres my 2 cents on the 2010's.
LOVE The new Wide Glide. The new rear fender is a HUGE improvement. I hate the Bobtail. Should have kept the mini apes but thats easy to change.
Blacked out Fat Boy does nothing for me but the Fatty never did. Like the changes to the Road Glide and the Ultra Limited is a home run. Thats my 2 cents

Old 07-25-2009, 01:09 PM
stevengb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by reds2harleys
Just MO but whats with all the bitchin - Harley knows what sells. They rarely make major changes and I like that. Stick with what works. Heres my 2 cents on the 2010's.
LOVE The new Wide Glide. The new rear fender is a HUGE improvement. I hate the Bobtail. Should have kept the mini apes but thats easy to change.
Blacked out Fat Boy does nothing for me but the Fatty never did. Like the changes to the Road Glide and the Ultra Limited is a home run. Thats my 2 cents
sounds like you have some bitchin of your own...oh..I see...when you have a dislike..it's just an opinion...not bitchin....I was just giving my .02 also....it's called an opinion too...even if you don't agree! Harley is the one who likes the shroud of secrecy...to help build the momentum of the mood....I just expected more technology....I can get a custom paint job about anywhere and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Last edited by stevengb; 07-25-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Harley site updated 2010 models.